What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picky About Finding A Case

Jfusco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received an iPad for Christmas and have been searching for a case. here are my criteria:
  1. Padded leather, preferably smooth (gotta be stylish and feel nice in the hand)
  2. Stand capabilities (I watch movies on my lunch break)
  3. Holds the iPad securely on all 4 sides
  4. Does not block any buttons, ports, grills, etc.
  • If the Apple case was a little heavier and came in padded leather I would buy it.
  • I have a case from Merkury Innovations (not shown on their web site) that my wife got at Radio Shack that is great except it doesn't meet criteria 2 or 4 (4 being the worst offender).
  • I almost bought a ZooGue case but wasn't sure about the velcro.
  • The Griffin Elan Folio is close but it's not padded (not a deal breaker, really) and the dual tabs on the back seem more trouble than they're worth
  • I can deal with the shininess of the Cygnett Glam but the left side is open so there is potential for the iPad to slide out. The Attache' has the same issue.
  • The Cygnett Lavish was fantastic but didn't operate as a stand
Given my criteria and what I think of the cases I mentioned above, can anyone make recommendations of what cases I should look at? :ipad-keyboard:

Thanks!
Joe (16GB iPad WiFi/3G)

Linkreincarnate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.linkreincarnate.com
I'd revisit the zoogue case if I were you. We have similar taste and I've been happiest with my zoogue. I've had 4 cases, one of which I designed myself, and the zoogue is the most versatile and used out of the bunch, at least until I finish tweaking my magnetic mounts...

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received an iPad for Christmas and have been searching for a case. here are my criteria:
  1. Padded leather, preferably smooth (gotta be stylish and feel nice in the hand)
  2. Stand capabilities (I watch movies on my lunch break)
  3. Holds the iPad securely on all 4 sides
  4. Does not block any buttons, ports, grills, etc.
  • If the Apple case was a little heavier and came in padded leather I would buy it.
  • I have a case from Merkury Innovations (not shown on their web site) that my wife got at Radio Shack that is great except it doesn't meet criteria 2 or 4 (4 being the worst offender).
  • I almost bought a ZooGue case but wasn't sure about the velcro.
  • The Griffin Elan Folio is close but it's not padded (not a deal breaker, really) and the dual tabs on the back seem more trouble than they're worth
  • I can deal with the shininess of the Cygnett Glam but the left side is open so there is potential for the iPad to slide out. The Attache' has the same issue.
  • The Cygnett Lavish was fantastic but didn't operate as a stand
Given my criteria and what I think of the cases I mentioned above, can anyone make recommendations of what cases I should look at? :ipad-keyboard:

Thanks!
Joe (16GB iPad WiFi/3G)

Maybe the Sena Folio case which is available online at the Apple Store.

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a case that is made by Cyber Acoustics, it is called the "IC-1000BK" the BK stands for black, it also comes in red. Don't be dissuaded by the name, it is one of the best cases I have seen, it is black leather with a soft felt interior. It is held securely on all four sides by soft gel-like grippers. The backside of the iPad is also covered in a rectangular shaped gel, like the grippers. It is $40.00 but is well worth the money. It can function as a inclined typing stand and as a standing up movie-viewer.Here is a link to the review.:)

Review: Cyber Acoustic IC-1000BK iPad Case | iPhone Apple

!Case also functions with screen protectors, I have the ZAGG shield and it works fine!

Last edited:

grungeintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another vote for the Cyber Acoustics Case. I was very picky also, and purchased a couple cases prior to Christmas, before my wife let me open my iPad...

I wanted a leather case, that functioned as a stand also. I was concerned about parts of the cases covering too much of the iPad also.

I watched the review of the Cyber case and was sold. I ordered it and I am amazed at it still today. Very versitile case, looks great, holds iPad by the four corners only, but is very secure at the same time. I have not put my Zagg screen protector on yet, but I have seen videos with it on and still works the same. I am thinking about not putting the screen protector on since the case protects it so nicely.

It has a very thin design and the corner straps are a great plus for holding the case closed or open.

Awesome Case...best one I have found and I can now say that I dont need to look for that accessory anymore.

Martin9752

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I too am looking for a good case but my criteria is a bit different. I am looking for protection mostly and tend to gravitate towards the candy shell type cases. I tried the otter box commuter but didn't like it. Thought it was too flimsy and it attracts dust like crazy. I jest received the speck candy shell case and so far like it. It's lined w thick rubber and has a hard coating. My worry with this case is that it may do some damage like scratches to the iPad body being it is such a tight fit. Does anyone have experience with this case. Also was looking at incipio silcrylic cases...what do ya all think....

shankapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
QuinceStudio.com has a functional, designer walnut and distressed leather iPad case

Most reactions