What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop type app...

iZicle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm needing a bit of help here from all you guru's of the iPad world..I'm a iPad newby crossover from the Xoom crowd and am looking for the best iPad app that will let me do the same basic functions that my Photoshop CS5 I use on my PC does...import a picture or photo in and resize it or put a text layer in on it, or create a new blank layer and add color to it with a paint bucket tool and add some text to it or layer in a picture or photo into the work. How about some graduants to the layer. I do a lot of custom logo, avatars, and game sigs work and my CS5 for my PC works super for my work...is there such an app out there for my new iPad like that???

Sent from my iPhone 4S v 5.1.1

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You will probably need to use more than one app to get every feature/effect you want. However I'm guessing a good starting place for you would be Adobe Photoshop Touch, then maybe take a look at SnapSeed, iPhotos, and maybe a couple of the better drawing programs.

SketchBook
ArtStudio
ArtRage
Brushes

OP
iZicle

iZicle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really appreciate all your help here guys. I've been doing a ton of research and have found what I need. FYI...PhotoForge2, Photogene, Signiture iPad, and the new Photoshop Touch all will add text to anything you want, but all but the Photoshop Touch have various limited applications they can perform or accomplish.

After trying all of these, the last program I picked up, the new version of Photoshop Touch, does it all and darn near all the important things needed that the CS5 on my desktop does. Truly an amazing program for an iPad format. I was very pleasantly surprised and was well worth the $10 bucks it cost me. Thanks again guys!

Sent from my iPad 3 v5.1.1

Most reactions