What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos,travel and iPad

Haly2k1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be in Italy this summer to paint, e.g., watercolors.

I want to use my iPad as follows:

1). Import reference photos from my digital camera.

2). Arrange and organize these photos into folders and subfolders by subject.

3). If necessary because of limited storage, I'll need to off load or delete some images images.

Can anyone suggest a workflow, and what Apps I might need to make this work?

Thanks

Haly2k1

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

Maybe I can help a bit.

1. You can buy a camera connection kit to import your images from the camera. At this stage no app is needed.

2. Here I am not knowledgable, but I know that the app store has a number of apps you can use to sort your images.

3. If you need to 'unload' some images you could use the app GoodReader to connect to a portable hard disk in combination with a wifi hotspot. I have a mgb100 which is such a device. It provides an FTP server.

I hope this helps.

Knut

OP
Haly2k1

Haly2k1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm told (the usually unreliable sources;-) that when you open an image from iPhoto on an iPad into another apps, Photo Manager Pro for example, it actually duplicates the image, in effect doubling the file space taken up on the iMac. For example, if you had 10, 10 MB images in iPhoto on your iPad, if you copied them to the Photo Manager, you'd now have 20, 10MB images on your iPad; and if you opened those in a image editor on your iPad, you'd now have 20, 10 MB images. Is this correct?
If so, pretty soon all the storage space would be taken up?
What's the workaround?
Thanks
Haly2k1

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it duplicates the photos. The workaround is to delete it from the Photos app after moving it to the other app. Unlike albums created usung iTunes, photos imported using the camera connection kit can be deledted.

Most reactions

Latest posts