What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos / jpegs won't sync to iPad - "no items match your search"

trale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running Vista, and I'm having a hell of a time getting iTunes to see any of the photos / jpg files I have on my computer.

I connect my Ipad, select it in iTunes, choose "Photos" from the tabs, Check the "Sync Photos" box, and navigate to a folder.

But when I go to the folder that contains my jpg files, all it says is "no items match your search".

Can anyone help?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A guess: make sure all you picture files have the .jpg suffix. Also, if there is a search box in the dialog, make sure it's empty.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
trale said:
I'm running Vista, and I'm having a hell of a time getting iTunes to see any of the photos / jpg files I have on my computer.

I connect my Ipad, select it in iTunes, choose "Photos" from the tabs, Check the "Sync Photos" box, and navigate to a folder.

But when I go to the folder that contains my jpg files, all it says is "no items match your search".

Can anyone help?

Have you since moved those photos to another folder?

OP
T

trale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem went away

Okay this is weird. Looks like this is a problem only with that computer. I repeated the process on another computer with iTunes, and everything works as it should.

Then I did some general disk maintenance on my computer (clean up, update, defrag, etc), and now it works - I'm able to sync pictures fine, and everything else in iTunes works.

I guess iTunes doesn't like a messy computer. I'm just glad this is solved!

Most reactions