What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos aren't being saved

Stylish 1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new I guess even though I joined the forum in July just did not have time to learn how to use it. I love the ipad2, I take it everywhere and I learn something new every day. I do have one problem though and I'm sure if this is not the place to address this problem someone will let me know. When I take pictures using the iPad SMS are saved to the photo gallery , some are not ? Why. Did I do something wrong when. Took the picture? I took about 10 and I see only one. I thin I did everything right np thou true, and saw it in the bottom on the gallery list o pictures. If anyone else has experienced this problem please help . Thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I have moved your post so that we can help you better here rather than annoying members in the other ongoing thread. If you do have a question, after searching first please start your own thread rather than hijacking another thread, it gets quite confusing for members and is against Forum Rules.

I take it you have taken some photos and they are not appearing in your camera roll in the photos App. Well the first step when an app behaves strangely is to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press both the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly.

Have another try and see if they are now appearing for you. Another thought is that maybe you had the camera set for video recording rather than taking photos. When in the camera app you will see in the bottom right corner the slide to switch from camera to video, might be an idea to look at that one photo that has appeared to see if it is a photo or a video you have recorded. Anyway have a look, take some more photos and see how you go and let us know.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
S

Stylish 1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apologies. I'm new to the forum and did not know where to start when I needed help. It's quite confusing. Thanks for your input regarding my problem but all the basics were don, I was in camera mode and heard the shutter and a saw the snapshot of the picture. The function was a outdoors, ( family reunion BBQ) . I wil be more careful and watch what I'm doing next time;, it was just weird that one out of the 8 or 10 pictures taken was saved. Once again thanks and my apologies to breaking the forum rules.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
instyle said:
My apologies. I'm new to the forum and did not know where to start when I needed help. It's quite confusing. Thanks for your input regarding my problem but all the basics were don, I was in camera mode and heard the shutter and a saw the snapshot of the picture. The function was a outdoors, ( family reunion BBQ) . I wil be more careful and watch what I'm doing next time;, it was just weird that one out of the 8 or 10 pictures taken was saved. Once again thanks and my apologies to breaking the forum rules.

Yes I know the site can be confusing at first, have you tried the app at all? I find it much easier to navigate and I'll include a link below if you haven't. See how you like it yourself. Did you close the camera app completely and then relaunch it? this is the first step to follow when a problem arises. The next 2 steps are a restart then followed by a reset if needed.

Restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Try taking a few more photos and see if the problem is fixed.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know if these steps make a difference.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts