What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photobucket for iPad No Longer Opens

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the last week, every time I launch Photobucket, it stays on the blue screen and then it takes me back to home page. I then launch again a second time, and usually this allows me to get into Photobucket. Today, I tried getting into the app--once, twice, and trice to no avail. I go to the app store and look up Photobucket. I go into the app description and see that Photobucket crashes a lot according to many reviews. I try to add my review. The app store tells me that I can't review the app because I don't own it!

The app store shows it is installed (grayed-out). What should I do? Delete the app and reinstall? Synch?

I already tried ipl'ing (rebooting) the iPad but this didn't work.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try resettinng with photo bucket running. Hold power and and home until it restarts... You can try delete and reinstall it won't hurt

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried Both Ideas

Thank you, BrennB. Neither suggestion worked. I did the photobucket running and rebooted the iPad. Then I deleted it, went to AppStore and tried to reinstall but can't because it still shows as installed.

I have reported it as a problem with the app developer.

hdana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photobucket Thread

Matt - could you please send a ticket to Photobucket at //photobucket.com/contact, provide your Photobucket account username and state again the problem you are having with the connection fron the iPad to Photobucket? Photobucket will try to troubleshoot the problem for you.

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for Advising Me About Sending The Note

Matt - could you please send a ticket to Photobucket at //photobucket.com/contact, provide your Photobucket account username and state again the problem you are having with the connection fron the iPad to Photobucket? Photobucket will try to troubleshoot the problem for you.

Much appreciated for all the responses, I did get back into the appstore and sent a problem report. That was the last resort option for me. I described fully what happened, what has happened, and everything I've done since the last suggestion from BrennB to delete the app.

I know that this will be fixed. I'm getting back late tonight to see if I got any responses or any futher developments.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try reboot after deleting the app to see if the option to install came back? Do you have a recent backup that you can restore too without losing too much new data?

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Brennb

OMG, I am thinking like YOU! Rebooting is also a very good suggestion--which I did after I deleted the app. Usually that works, not this time. I always do a backup on Saturday night, so Photobucket, worked on Saturday. It stopped working on Sunday. Did a restore from Saturdays backup. That didn't help.

What is so irritating is seeing the app on my home page and it won't do anything! It is almost like the app is taunting me...come on Matt figure me out! Why can't you get me to work?

So BrennB, thank you for hanging in there with me! I'm glad there is someone who does troubleshooting like I do. Uncanny!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so, the next thing since you do have a backup....

Save your backup file to your desktop or someplace in case it gets removed from iTunes accidentally...

Now, do dfu mode and set up iPad as new restore iOS...then load backup.

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Verily I say unto you: this forum is dah bomb! Brennb, you really should be an honorary moderator AND Alternative, you get extra stars!

Going from the clue that brennb suggested about the backup and taking alternatives' suggestion to reset in settings.

I reset my iPad and restored my backup from last Saturday. My restore brought back everything including Photobucket. I deleted Photobucket. Went back to the AppStore and installed Photobucket. Photobucket now comes up right away, no more waiting for it to get to the main screen.

This was a great lesson in the importance of backing up and synching the iPad. I really am very thankful to all of you, especially brennb and alternative. You all are brilliant!

Most reactions