What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo rotation

dodo35

iPF Noob
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
When I transfer photos from my PC to IPad some of them are rotated from portrait to landscape. How do I prevent this from happening or is there an app that I can use to rotate the pictures back to the correct orientation? The existingphoto rotate functionality saves the rotated photo to a separate folder which is no good if you want to keep photos relating to a single event together.
 

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
725
Reaction score
28
Location
Germany
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
dodo35 said:
When I transfer photos from my PC to IPad some of them are rotated from portrait to landscape. How do I prevent this from happening or is there an app that I can use to rotate the pictures back to the correct orientation? The existingphoto rotate functionality saves the rotated photo to a separate folder which is no good if you want to keep photos relating to a single event together.

How do you view your photos on your computer? If you rotate them to view portrait pictures and save the photo on your PC you will (should) be able to see the correct orientation on your iPad.
 

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
24,828
Reaction score
1,309
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
 
OP
D

dodo35

iPF Noob
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hpulmer said:
How do you view your photos on your computer? If you rotate them to view portrait pictures and save the photo on your PC you will (should) be able to see the correct orientation on your iPad.

They are all the correct orientation on the PC but get changed when they transfer.
 

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
725
Reaction score
28
Location
Germany
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
dodo35 said:
They are all the correct orientation on the PC but get changed when they transfer.

Again: how do you view them on the computer?
For example, if I import my photos from my camera to my Picasa (on the computer) I am able to rotate them (usually they are in landscape, although I took a portrait photo, as my digital camera does not differ). After having them rotated I have to save the changes, as otherwise picasa will remember (in order to show the pic correctly) but not change the rotation-information in the file itself! If I now transfer the photos (files) I transfer them in the original orientation, not in the orientation I saw on Picasa...
Does this explain my question???
 

Latest posts

Top