What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manager Pro - What if it fails?

Richard10002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad - 1. Downloaded Photo Manager Pro as liked the way it can manage folders, whereas PhotoSync doesn't seem to do folders.

However, having transferred a few folders from my net book, it seems that the photos are only accessible within the Photo Manager app, and are not available to other apps.

The alternative seems to be to have the photos in the standard photo app, and repeated in Photo Manager to take advantage the folder benefits.

Also worried if Photo Manager were to fail somehow. Would all photos be lost, or are they still somewhere on the iPad?

Hope the above makes sense.

I'm guessing I'm missing something....... But what?

Many Thank,

Richard

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use Photo Manager also. Mainly for the same reason as you - folder management. The only recommendation I can give you concerning your fears about your photos is to back them up someplace other than the iPad (cause no, they aren't anywhere else on the iPad unless you put/move them there). The app has an excellent LAN transfer option (I can move 100s of pictures to my PC in very little time). It's just a good idea anyway ... having a backup of anything.

And yeah, the app doesn't talk well to other apps. However, what I do is save a picture from the Photo Manager app to the iPad's Photo library. Then, it's accessible. It's a bit of a kludge, I know, but I accept it for the option of folders, sorting, and being able to rename pictures.

Of course, YMMV.

Marilyn

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please clarify... Can photos inside PM+ be moved to other apps, such as KEYNOTE? That is, if I am working in KN can I get a photo from PM+ and drop it into the KN presentation?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, sorry. AFAIK, the only photos app another app can see is the stock Photos one. This app mentioned here (and another app I use, Photo-Sort) have a function where you can save the picture from that app to the Photos app (in the "Saved Photos" album).

Then, once it's in Photos, it can be picked up by other apps, such as Keynote.

Yeah, as I said up above, it's a bit clunky. But, it's all we've got right now due to Apple's "sandbox" method for the iPad...

Marilyn

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was about to buy it when I saw Photo+FolderHD. The reviews and features look good so I bought it instead (maybe "in addition to"— time will tell). It, too, shares the no-transfer non-feature to/with other apps within the iPad. But it's wi-fi back and forth between lap- or desk-top and iPad is stellar, I have been having great fun with it. Folders work smoothly and transfer between them is swift and easy. And the slide show function is very good as well, with more options than I expected it to have. It's definitely one to consider.

Most reactions