What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Disregard my earlier post

I bought a leather skin for my Ipad 1/ZaggMate combo not because I was concerned about scratches, but because having two relatively smooth aluminum surfaces made it too hard to hang onto when I walked with it. The leather skin provided enough friction to make me feel much more confident that the system wasn't going to slip out of my hands - especially in winter when gloves made it much tougher to get a good feel for it.

I have leather skin too. I thought about putting it on last night but when I lined it up (plastic still on) I noticed that it covers the speaker and rounds the edges a little more than I'd like. I expected it to be an inch (maybe less) smaller than the ipad and if only on the flat back, not surround the edges. I didn't open the invidisible sheild either. Because after the durability test I saw on youtube, I'm confident the screen will be fine. I'm sure their both fine products, they just don't suit me. So I'm on the hunt for a skin again.

User error alert! I purchased the leather skin for the Ipad, not Ipad 2.

Riyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ZAGG sorry i was not clear I see, I am living in the Netherlands and want to get the ZAGG sent to my address in the Netherlands before I leave for South Africa

Richard

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gotcha. I'd play with shipping options on our site and see what you see and assume a shipping date near mid-next week given where you will be in line.

murryivanoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have two questions. I'll be really thankful if I get accurate answers.

1) Is the ZAGGMate comfortable for a long period of typing? The aluminium frames that surround it seems to be in the place that I'm usually putting my arms while typing on a laptop. The edge seems sharp and I'm wondering if it gets uncomfortable?

2) This one is addressed to the ZAGG representative. When are you planning to have ZaggMate 2 in the retail stores like Best Buy? I'm arriving in the USA this weekend and I would like to buy the ZAGGMate as soon as I arrive because I'll have lot of travel to do and I really can't afford to wait for mail shipping. I'm asking about the South California area.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding comfort, I think your peers are best to answer that. Personally, I never had any issues with the original one, but I know some people didn't love it. That being said, the opening is wider on the one for the iPad 2 and significantly lower on the edges and the middle, so it will be an improved experience.

About when it will be in retail stores, I don't know for sure about that. I will likely have more clarity on this Thursday. I will post an update when I have confirmation.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Zagg shipping on 4/6

I read earlier that Zagg will start shipping on 4/6. Does this mean that the zaggmate for ipad 2 will start shipping on 4/6 instead of 4/15? Or was that in reference to something else?

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have two questions. I'll be really thankful if I get accurate answers.

1) Is the ZAGGMate comfortable for a long period of typing? The aluminium frames that surround it seems to be in the place that I'm usually putting my arms while typing on a laptop. The edge seems sharp and I'm wondering if it gets uncomfortable?

Thanks!
For me it never gets uncomfortable . I've got very large hands so I don't really have to rest any part on the frame, more like the center of my palm is the pivot point so they never really rest on the frame. I find my hands work best on the outer corners kinda pointing inward toward each other. the keys aren't like on a full size keyboard but it doesn't take long to acclimate
I'm on an iPad1
Hope that makes sense.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

murryivanoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, if you guys are starting shipping in the next few days I guess I can get my zaggmate until the end of the week (or monday/tuestday next week) so I don't have to go to the retailers. Thanks!

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
murryivanoff said:
Oh, if you guys are starting shipping in the next few days I guess I can get my zaggmate until the end of the week (or monday/tuestday next week) so I don't have to go to the retailers. Thanks!

Which retailers will carry it? I'd like to look at one first.

MsTapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the ZAGGmate at the same time that I ordered my iPad 2. I want to buy a case that will hold everything so that the back of the iPad is protected while in my purse. What slip cases are available that are slim but will be able to accommodate both the iPad and ZAGGmate?

Riyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ZAGG where can i find the differences between the shipping methodes you offer, especially what the impact of shipping the ZAGGMATE to the Netherlands

Most reactions

Latest posts