What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pepsi or Cola?

SachinP2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Peeps!
I'm in Korea for holidays and found out that Korea only uses Pepsi as diet coke!
I wonder which is better? Help me decide! :D

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do your own taste test. Manufacturers often hate blind taste tests because they tend to prove the manufacturer's product is not the best tasting. A blind test will tell you what tastes better. I recall when 60 Minutes went to Scotland to do a scotch taste test. As I recall, the favorite of all these noble scotch drinkers was the Japanese scotch manufacturered by Japan's Suntory. Imagine that . . . scotch made in Japan tasted better than scotch made in Scotland.

I say Coke rules the pile of wanna be soft drinks so my vote is good old Coke. Stay out of any country that does not offer Coke.

That said, I am confused when you say, "Korea only uses Pepsi as diet coke!" Huh? I do not understand your statement. Are you saying Korea only offers Pepsi rather than Diet Coke? Clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do your own taste test. Manufacturers often hate blind taste tests because they tend to prove the manufacturer's product is not the best tasting. A blind test will tell you what tastes better. I recall when 60 Minutes went to Scotland to do a scotch taste test. As I recall, the favorite of all these noble scotch drinkers was the Japanese scotch manufacturered by Japan's Suntory. Imagine that . . . scotch made in Japan tasted better than scotch made in Scotland.

I say Coke rules the pile of wanna be soft drinks so my vote is good old Coke. Stay out of any country that does not offer Coke. My guess is Korea does not because they are quite un-american.

That said, I am confused when you say, "Korea only uses Pepsi as diet coke!" Huh? I do not understand your statement. Are you saying Korea only offers Pepsi rather than Diet Coke? Clarify.
I would really like to know who the tasters were on 60 minutes. There is a massive difference between malt and blended whiskies. Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola also taste different but they all taste great with a JD. I do love my sour mash and bourbon but I love Irish & malt whiskies. As long as there is plenty of JD in Korea, I would be happy with any cola mixer ;)
BTW, Bob, you are spot on when you say do your own taste test. Good advice!

Last edited:

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the health point of view, I'd recommend you stay away from diet drinks. Aspartame is bad for your health. Sugar is better.

snowgirly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to drink colas regardless of who make them, I love drinking colas with ice in it. Pepsi is a cool drink!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would really like to know who the tasters were on 60 minutes. There is a massive difference between malt and blended whiskies. Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola also taste different but they all taste great with a JD. I do love my sour mash and bourbon but I love Irish & malt whiskies. As long as there is plenty of JD in Korea, I would be happy with any cola mixer ;)
BTW, Bob, you are spot on when you say do your own taste test. Good advice!

I do not recall. It was perhaps 10 or more years ago.

The tasters were haggard old scotch drinkers in a lovely pub in Scotland. Scotch drinkers one and all.

I do agree about the differences. You are talking to a confirmed scotch drinker that prefers a nice 15-30 YO single malt. Even better than Coke

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do not recall. It was perhaps 10 or more years ago.

The tasters were haggard old scotch drinkers in a lovely pub in Scotland. Scotch drinkers one and all.

I do agree about the differences. You are talking to a confirmed scotch drinker that prefers a nice 15-30 YO single malt. Even better than Coke

Yeh, Bob, I am with you there re. the malts. With regard to the cola issue again it is all a matter of personal taste what with so many varieties now available. They all go well as a mixer but never with malt whiskey. Also, the number of times I have been served whiskey in a tall glass and asked if I want ice! And lastly, I, personally have always been able to tell the difference between malts and blends. The secret is not having drank too much to start with. Don't think I would know which end was which of a donkey if I had a few too many, ha ha :D

Most reactions

Latest posts