What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People who have got/getting their iPad-3 Today !

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People who have got/are getting their delivery/shipment of the New iPad/iPad-3 today can you guys please put your first impressions on the following points.

• If you still have or owned the iPad-2 and sold it to get the iPad-3 can you guys put both the iPad’s side by side and compare how thick and bulKy the new iPad is compared to the iPad-2 ? Does the new iPad-3 feel really heavy when holding both the iPad’s in hand iPad-2 & iPad-3 ? Any other cosmetic changes noticeable ?
  • When you received your shipment, which ever shipping company they delivered it with USPS or Fedex or whatever the shipping company is used in U.K for the U.K customers, was there a Fedex Packaging on top of the iPad-3 Box or did they just directly gave you an iPad-3 Box?
Enjoy Your New Toy ! :D

Last edited:

Hammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine just arrived - UK delivery.

Turned up in a TNT lorry, told me it was full of them.

Arrives in a cardboard box with device in it's proper packaging inside!

Fantastic to get a pre - 9 delivery! :D

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Arrives in a cardboard box with device in it's proper packaging inside!

When you say arrives in Cardboard box, you mean there is a shipping company packaging on top of the Apple iPad Box right ?

Hammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, no.

Shipping box with apple box securely packaged inside with some cardboard packaging. The iPad box is unmarked.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, no.

Shipping box with apple box securely packaged inside with some cardboard packaging. The iPad box is unmarked.

Oh so there is a shipping box along with a apple box, thats what I wanted to know...Wanted to gift it to someone and din't want the surprise element to be disclosed by directly getting the iPad box in hand rather than having a shipping box inside which there is a iPad Box ! I hope I have understood correctly !

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
what about the Bulk and Thickness factor did you ever have a iPad-2 before this, what do you think how does the thickness and bulk of the new iPad vary from the iPad-2 ?

Hammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well physically I can't feel any difference.

However, it fits better into my original Tuff Luv IPAD1 case then the same make, IPAD2 case.

I don't care for the camera at the back so that is no issue for me that this is covered up. I don't have the IPAD2 to compare as that sold yesterday, but if sitting in it's case turned off, I would not able to tell you the difference to be honest.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any more comments on this from the guys in U.S who have got the iPad-3 today !

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the truck.. I live 20 minutes from the hub but I'm betting late delivery. I have my authorization on the door.. I'm in and out in meetings with clients today so I can't wait for it

ChuckinSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine arrived at 9:35 edt this morning in South Carolina. I had ordered it on the night of the 7th with a simple engraving. It does feel slightly heavier than my iPad 2, but I must say it's a solid feel and is so slight it may even be my imagination. As for the size (depth), I haven't noticed a difference yet. I can tell you it's beautiful and has that fine Apple "feel" to it. Simply, it's a fine piece of electronic equipment. As for the packaging, it was in a cardboard box with the iPad box seal-wrapped within the outer box. Mine came through UPS and this morning's arrival must have been a special delivery. I say that because UPS usually delivers to my neighborhood in the late afternoon.

Last edited:

jflack3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine today, amazing screen resolution...like looking through a window. Lightning quick on the web, restored from iCloud in moments and hve all my ipad2 apps back. It's a tiny bit heavier but were still talking about 1.5lbs?!!! The tapered sides makes it appear thinner and smoother IMO...the retina display is phenomenal and my smart covers, and 3 cases all fit still.

I've missed this for 2 weeks!

Most reactions

Latest posts