What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People getting weird.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody have people that get all mad at you because you jailbroke? My brother keeps getting mad at me for jailbreaking and I keep telling him that he can jailbreak his iPod touch too but he just likes to complain. Does anyone else have a problem with jailbreaking? It's legal so whats the big deal? I paid $500 for an iPad and I will do with it what I wish.

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a friend of mine is the exact same... He gets all freaked out, like he's an Apple purist and always complains that the one time he tried it, Winterboard slowed down his 3g..

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sh0nuff said:
a friend of mine is the exact same... He gets all freaked out, like he's an Apple purist and always complains that the one time he tried it, Winterboard slowed down his 3g..

I don't know why it is such a big deal!

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People think that it will hurt their device.. cuz of the break part of the word jailbreak. They feel like they have spend so much $$ on their device that the warranty will be voided!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it's your choice however many get into trouble in jail breaking and then. Hve to try to revert back to original state and for some people that is a pain as it does not always go as expected. Some users start discussing pirate software that's where it ends in this and also iphone4 can lead to banning. No matter what type of device is sold there are always a small percentage that want to break it open and push the limits to get extra features.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People think that it will hurt their device.. cuz of the break part of the word jailbreak. They feel like they have spend so much $$ on their device that the warranty will be voided!

To be fair, consider the words, Greenpois0n and Jailbreak, the word you mentioned. Both bad words with negative connotations. Add to it what Apple says about it and many people will likely think it is bad. We are here reading the Hacker section of the forum and that word is often considered to represent a bad thing.

All in all, it is indeed a bad thing as far as most users are concerned. No wonder the public has a concern.

Bob

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purists will be purists. However, I respect those that have been able to do this. I tend to me more on cautious side cause I know Murphy's Law follows me around and I can't go w/o my blessed iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats funny. If someone ever got anal over me jailbreakin id laugh n their face. They just mad cuz they couldnt figure it out and our ipads do more thn theirs ;-)

AWolfOutWest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had that problem yet. The most common reaction I get is wonder, especially when they see my wifi iPad doing mapping GPS. One of my students is the founder of the ModMyI site, so I've seen him playing with the jail broken stuff for a long time. In fact, being around the college-aged folks, most do have a positive outlook on jailbreaking.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had that problem yet. The most common reaction I get is wonder, especially when they see my wifi iPad doing mapping GPS. One of my students is the founder of the ModMyI site, so I've seen him playing with the jail broken stuff for a long time. In fact, being around the college-aged folks, most do have a positive outlook on jailbreaking.

Is there an app from cydia to allow better gps mapping for wifi versions? Whats the name of the app?

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
I love having jailbroken and have no regrets. People who have issues with it are too scared to try it themselves :)

Exactly. They think it will kill their device so they never try. If they would try then they would love it!

Most reactions