What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pdf to epub

tarzan11_11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Wish you all a happy new year !!!
need a suggestion pals ..
good and free software to convert pdf to epub ..
I tried to use calibre .. but the output epub fiel is very bad for my scientific books which have lots of mathematical equations ...
and for novels too ... the format gets lost completley .. with the soft ware not reconising the page numbers and the headers and footers .. gets heavily messed ..
so ideas requesrted ..please

awaiting for replies

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need something that supports ePub v3.0 for formula support. I don't personally know of any PDF to ePub 3 converters, but I have to believe they exist

Valkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you read the Calibre docs pdf to ePub conversion is poor to useless. The recommended way is to convert the pdf to web page filtered in M$ Word and then convert that html filtered file to ePub. That has always worked well for me but admittedly without mathematical formulas.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are still not going to get the formulas. Those are a fairly new addition to the ePub standard.

Most reactions