What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF printer for iPad 2?

catsaway9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our field reps take orders on their iPads, using Safari to access an online order form we host on our website. They fill in the blanks and submit the order, then an email is generated by the website that goes to our inside sales department. However, if they lose connectivity before the email is transmitted, they sometimes lose the order.

What we'd like to do is print the order form as a pdf once they've filled it out, so that it can be saved right on the iPad if there's no connectivity. We used to have an app called Print to PDF that worked great for this - when you started the app, it created a virtual printer that appeared on the list of printer options. That app has gone away, and we haven't been able to find a substitute that does the same thing. All I can find are web pages and apps where you cut/paste the URL that you want a copy of. That won't work, because our document is a dynamic web page (and anyway, if we had connectivity that the conversion would require, we would just submit the order directly and wouldn't need to print it).

Any suggestions? Is there another app out there to take the place of Print to PDF? Or a browser that would do it? The only browser I've used on the iPad is Safari, so maybe there are others that would do the job.

senthildent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard that Good reader app does the job what you're expecting. other members correct me if wrong

Most reactions

Latest posts