What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF or file mangement (categories) for ipad

stutz191

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Categorize
I'm looking for some help in finding an app for my ipad that would allow me to do the following:

- Sort and view pdf files that I've put in certain categories. I'm in sales and I have one page pdf's of cases that I would like to be able to tag to the client, the type of opportunity, and the month the decision is going to be made. So I could look at all of the cases that are coming up September, 2011; or I could look at all the cases that are pending with Client A; or I could combine categories to look at all Client A cases that are coming up for bid September 2011. I would imagine there are apps like this that help people sort photos or data.

- It would also be ideal to be able to post notes on each pdf file

- I need this app to have some easy way to import these files, ideally through e-mail

- I'd also like to be able to just search for my files.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac.

Tim

stonew76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.9squareworkshop.com
Let me introduce our new App: DocAS, it have very strong document management feature(Very straightforward drog-and-drop to move and organize your document ), and it provided very strong document reader functions(MS office, PDF, keynote, page...), It also provide very strong PDF annotate feature, and note taker function.
Here is the download link: DocAS ? Docs organizer, Handwriting, Note Taker... for iPad on the iTunes App Store
β˜…β˜… Document Reader β˜…β˜… β˜…β˜… PDF Annotate β˜…β˜… β˜…β˜… Drag-and-Drop document management β˜…β˜… β˜…β˜… Handwriting β˜…β˜… β˜…β˜… Note Taker β˜…β˜… β˜…β˜… PDF Export β˜…β˜… β˜…β˜… Printing β˜…β˜…
Our 2.0 release has tremendous features and UI enhancement. It is in Apple review stage right now.

OP
S

stutz191

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sort and filter files

Neither of those options seem to be good for sorting your files. I've seen one program iAnnotate, that seems to let you sort and filter by tags, but I think the program is more geared to annotating than it is to file management. I would have to immagine there are people who would have a need for an app that allowed you to sort, filter, and view a large library of files whether the files were pdf, jpeg, or anything else.

I really need something that will allow me to tag each file such as

- Large Prospect
- Client A
- Decision Date September 2011

So when I do a search for files, I can pull all cases from Client A and deciding in October 2011.

Think of it in context of a teacher. What if you could pull all your pdfs that dealt with science* from 2011*. Homework files* 2009* Senior Class*.

That is what I need.

Most reactions