What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF missing page

wjmichon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing a problem, and I don't know how to fix.

When I open an PDF file on safari or on a standard viewer (for example, zumo drive viewer, papers), the second page of the PDF disappear.

For example, if the document has 3 pages, I can view only page 1 and 3.

However, when I receive a file by email, so that I can choose the viewer, and I pick iAnnotate, then I can see the 3 pages.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing a problem, and I don't know how to fix.

When I open an PDF file on safari or on a standard viewer (for example, zumo drive viewer, papers), the second page of the PDF disappear.

For example, if the document has 3 pages, I can view only page 1 and 3.

However, when I receive a file by email, so that I can choose the viewer, and I pick iAnnotate, then I can see the 3 pages.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

What happens if you open the PDF document in Safari and then choose the 'Open In' option and choose, say, iBooks? Is the second page still missing then?

Tim

OP
W

wjmichon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
What happens if you open the PDF document in Safari and then choose the 'Open In' option and choose, say, iBooks? Is the second page still missing then?

Tim

The same. If I open first on default viewers, the file keep that format (without page 2).

I've found that it seems to happen more on PDFs from JSTOR, mainly from Econometrica journal. I have no ideia what could be, I google it, and I didn't find useful answers.

If I import from Itunes directly to iAnnotate, then I can see the pdf correctly. But many times I am without computer, and I really makes me mad.

Please, need help on it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have access to JSTOR.

Can you PM me an article title [of one that's doing this] and I'll see what happens on my iPad? I'll need the full title (and probably author's names) so I can find it in JSTOR.

There's got to be a way to get this to work for you...

Marilyn

OP
W

wjmichon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I have access to JSTOR.

Can you PM me an article title [of one that's doing this] and I'll see what happens on my iPad? I'll need the full title (and probably author's names) so I can find it in JSTOR.

There's got to be a way to get this to work for you...

Marilyn

I will try to send you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to update:

wjmichon sent me a link on JSTOR for the articles he was having trouble with. The good news is that it's not just him. The bad news is that I couldn't help as I got exactly the same problem.

If anyone else can make this work for wjmichon, let him know. As for me, much as I hate to admit it, I am defeated. Sorry, again, wjmichon.

Marilyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came across this thread in a google search. Just wanted to let ya'll know that this is a problem with JSTOR itself. I spoke with their support staff a month or so ago and they are aware of the problem, although it is taking them forever to fix it seems. The problem is only with Macs and Preview. They suggested installing Adobe Reader to fix the problem on Macs, or just using a Windows machine.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions