What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF download from Safari Books-graphics don't display

Craigola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
16 GB iPad normal
I subscribe to Safari Books Online. I can download books inPDF format. I downloaded a book to my PC where it displays correctly. I moved the file to iTunes and synced it with my iPad. When I open the file on my iPad, all the illustrations are blank. :mad: Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try loading and reading the pdf in GoodReader. You can make a few adjustments to the pdf reading engine in the app's settings. Try those if it doesn't work at first.

OP
C

Craigola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dealing with downloads from Safari Books Online

1. I tried using GoodReader - the problem remained.
2. I contacted Safari Books Online with my complaint. The responded with a message saying they were fixing the PDF so it would download correctly.
3. A better solution was to download the book in ePub format on the iPad itself. No need to get involved with iTunes. Worked perfectly.

Problem solved.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3. A better solution was to download the book in ePub format on the iPad itself. No need to get involved with iTunes. Worked perfectly.

Problem solved.
Just remember to use some application other then iTunes to save the book into your PC. Be careful with using the Sync Books on the iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts