What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password App

GirlieGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have so many passwords that it's driving me insane! I'm probably the only iPad owner in the universe that doesn't have a password App. Please help :/

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use MyPasswords, it's clean and straight forward (plus it's code locked to open). All your passwords are stored locally (on the iPad) so you don't need Web support. There are some apps that will log you in to all your sights, but I like keeping my info local and doing it my self.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mSecure and am very happy with it. It's very similar to what Jeeper's describing for MyPasswords.

aoporto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.infogenium.com
+1 for mSecure. I use this more than I use KeePass on my desktop now. It makes backups very easy which is important, and it handles security well.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1Password is one of the best. It is available for, and can be synced, across most platforms. However, it is also one of the more expensive options.

I think it is worth it. YMMV

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seconded on 1Password. You can use it on your iPad and however many other devices you might have including smart phones and computers. It will sync across everything seamlessly with Dropbox. Besides managing all of your passwords it has a number of other features that can keep your computer and personal information secure. Highly recommended. :thumbs:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thirded for 1Password. I have it on my PC, iPad and iPhone. It keeps all my passwords, logins and banking info so I can access it from anywhere, from any device.

Coolest thing is that I save it via Dropbox, so even if I don't have one of the three things the software is loaded on, I can log into Dropbox via the web, from any computer, and still access my info.

Another cool thing is the ability to set up 1Password on my PC so that, once I've signed in, I only have to press one button in my browser and boom! I'm logged in and browsing on my secure sites.

Next to Dropbox, 1Password is my favorite utility software/app. But - that's just me...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Coolest thing is that I save it via Dropbox, so even if I don't have one of the three things the software is loaded on, I can log into Dropbox via the web, from any computer, and still access my info.

@Marilyn, are you sure you can access it via DropBox, without a device or computer with the 1Password app? I think you're confusing it with something else. That file is encrypted, heavily. You shouldn't be able to read a thing without the app. Nor would you want to, because that would mean that anyone who could get to the file could read it. Not good.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1password Anywhere let's you access your data safe through a file:// URL browser extension with an HTML file they include in your Dropbox folder.

It's pretty slick.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1password Anywhere let's you access your data safe through a file:// URL with an HTML file they include in your Dropbox folder.

It's pretty slick.

Cool! I'll look into it.

@Marilyn. My apologies for doubting you. :eek:

Edit: Just tried it. Because I was already set up to sync in DropBox it was already to go. Don't know how I missed that in the update notes. Awesomeness.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Twerppoet:

Sure can. If you go to the web and sign into Dropbox (at their main site), then go into the 1Password folder, there is a 1Password web link. If you open that web page, you get the normal sign in screen, where you have to put in your password. Both the Dropbox and the 1Password sites have https:// at the beginning, so I feel they are just as secure as a computer or iDevice with the app.

Not that I use that option very often, but it's still there. I think it's one of their features. I'm pretty sure it's safe, given that my info is behind two separate passwords on a secure connection.

Marilyn

P.S. That's okay, Twerppoet. Just took me longer to post because I had to check to make sure I remember correctly (I don't use that option that often ... Okay, never, so far!). :D

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
P.S. That's okay, Twerppoet. Just took me longer to post because I had to check to make sure I remember correctly (I don't use that option that often ... Okay, never, so far!). :D

Thanks. :)

I'll probably never use it either, but it is nice to know that I've got a backup method if I need it.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

DrJNAB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Datavault syncs to desktops/IPAD without exposing your data on Dropbox. If keeping your private PW's secure IMHO Datavault is the product to keep your data private.

Most reactions

Latest posts