What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Partially downloaded emails

Paulagonc40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I had generation one Ipad and loved it so now I have upgraded. I am having problems with my emails,however.
The first problem is with my mailboxes,there are so many! I have mailbox,email,then another nmed after my server and one named all inboxes,all very confusing! Another problem is that i may receive a message which informs me that it is only partially downloaded,i can click to fully download but the file is empty and to see this email i have to switch mailboxes where the email will be already downloaded! Could anyone clarify this for me please? Many thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I had generation one Ipad and loved it so now I have upgraded. I am having problems with my emails,however.
The first problem is with my mailboxes,there are so many! I have mailbox,email,then another nmed after my server and one named all inboxes,all very confusing! Another problem is that i may receive a message which informs me that it is only partially downloaded,i can click to fully download but the file is empty and to see this email i have to switch mailboxes where the email will be already downloaded! Could anyone clarify this for me please? Many thanks

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find the answer to your problems here.

Are you using the IMAP mail protocol to receive your email? If so, your iPad is simply showing you a picture of what is on your server - so the problem is really at the server end if you are seeing more mailboxes than you want to. If you re-organise the mailboxes on your email server then that will be reflected on the iPad too. If you are seeing more email accounts than you want to, then you can always disable those you don't want to see in the iPad's 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Accounts' section. When an email account is disabled, it will no longer show up in the iPad's Mail app.

I didn't quite understand the problem you were having with incomplete downloads as you seemed to be suggesting that the incomplete download had, in fact, downloaded completely - but in another email account. That means, of course, that the originator of the email sent it to that account too. So you have received a duplicate of the email.

One slightly confusing issue that affects some people is that the iPad's Mail app has an 'All InBoxes' option that consolidates the input from every InBox of all the mail accounts that you have. An email that appears in this consolidated InBox will also appear in the InBox of the email account that it was actually sent to. In other words, it may appear that there are two emails - but they are, in fact, one and the same.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts