What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora vs. Slacker Radio

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my Sony Network Media Player.. I have the first option, Slacker Radio. The second is Pandora.

I've always used Pandora.. never Slacker.

Which one ya'll like? Is there a huge difference?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pandora is my "go to" app for streaming audio. My 2nd most used streaming audio site is Last.FM. For listening to "real" radio stations, I use PocketTunes.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to know. When I go to TX I'd still like to listen to the local CO radio station I like.

But down there, I'll be getting a satilite radio for my work truck. And in my office, I'll have my Samsung sound bar and probably the computer or iPad or iTouch connected to it to stream Pandora or Slacker (Or last.fm?).

I heard Pandora charges $36 for a years service if you exceed 40hr of usage per month? Slacker?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to listen to actual radio stations, you will need PocketTunes (or something like it) since those other apps just stream audio from their library. PocketTunes isn't free ($5.99 I think). If there are specific radio stations you are interested in, let me know and I can check to see if they are available on PocketTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts