What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora app

Mnovember7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two part question for the ipad2 pandora app. first, when you chose to bookmark a song, where does it bookmark it to? It just seems to disappear. Second, why can't I access the actual pandora site from safari? it just takes me to a page that wants me to download the app, which I have.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Help section, where I think it might receive better attention. I hope that was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Mnovember7 said:
Two part question for the ipad2 pandora app. first, when you chose to bookmark a song, where does it bookmark it to? It just seems to disappear. Second, why can't I access the actual pandora site from safari? it just takes me to a page that wants me to download the app, which I have.

according to pandora, you need to go to the website to see your bookmarks for now

work around for number 2 as it detects you are using an iPad and takes you to the app screen, being a bit too clever for it's own good

http://www.pandora.com/people/

that will take you straight to the login screen

http://blog.pandora.com/faq/

the frequently asked questions section

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Second, why can't I access the actual pandora site from safari? it just takes me to a page that wants me to download the app, which I have.
Pandora's website is still Flash based. I love Pandora, but two thumbs down for that.

A workaround is to use the iSwifter app which allows you to see/use Flash elements in websites. It's kludgy IMHO and slow but it does work. The downside is that since the data is being sent to the iSwifter servers and then back to your iPad it's pretty useless as the audio is pretty lousy.

I've sent emails to Pandora asking them to convert their website from Flash to something a little more current...not so much so I can access their website on iOS devices, but so that I can easily log in using 1Password. They are polite each time I write and say "they're working on it", but it's been over a year and still nothing. :mad:

I do really enjoy Pandora otherwise.

Last edited:

neilends

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6 months later, it looks like Pandora has ruined even the clever fix suggested by wytey above. The link he found now redirects to the unwanted "get the app!" page. Anyone have any new suggestions, so I can access my bookmarks?

Most reactions