What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora App stops playing when minimized

FlynnNolan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just got my iPad2 32 g 3G a week ago. It should have come with ios5 correct? I'm wondering why my pandora app when minimized stops playing but it doesn't do it in my gfs ipad2. Was wondering why this is happening and how can I have pandora playing when minimized so I can work with safari or other things on my iPad and let it keep playing? All help is very appreciated!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it really shouldn't stop playing when minimized. So, maybe try a restart or a reset (which is the equivalent of giving the iPad a swift kick in the .... software). To do:

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If that doesn't help, then I don't know why Pandora stops playing. But, you can double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal the multi-tasking bar. Once it's revealed, swipe to the right so you see stuff appear from the left side. One of the icons you should see will be the "play" button for your Pandora app. Press it and it should work for you.

Oh, and to check to see what version you are running, go to your Settings > General > About and scroll down to about the middle and look for the line titled "Version." That number is your version number. Although, that shouldn't make a difference as to why Pandora stops playing...

Anyway. Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts