What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pairing a Motorola H700 BT Headset to iPad

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this possible? The iPad isn't seeing the device even though it's in pairing mode. It works perfect, I use it with my phone.

I know it's a little older, but I love the style and don't want to get rid of it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Unfortunately iPad doesn't support Bluetooth hands free profile (HFP). Need to use built In mic or wired headset mic.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I use a set of headphones will it shut off the mic? In other words, when I go to Germany and make a call over VOIP, I don't want the other person's voice coming in through the mic via the external speaker...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
If I use a set of headphones will it shut off the mic? In other words, when I go to Germany and make a call over VOIP, I don't want the other person's voice coming in through the mic via the external speaker...

No pluging in headphones shouldnt turn off the mic.

A2DP bluetooth stereo headphones should work fine with the ipad as well.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean if I just plugged in a set of regular Apple headphones that don't have a mic to the jack.

EDIT: actually these have a mic: http://www.apple.com/ipod/in-ear-headphones/ which are the ones I have. My wife does not though so I guess the question above this edit still stands.

Intranetsites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I not yet giving up...... But seriously no Bluetooth wireless headsets with microphone will pair with my iPad?

really ?

surely this will change?

Have 2line and it works well on iPad. But obviously a motorola Bluetooth ear piece would actually make it work

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope they don't work, as MikeToolz pointed out to me.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about the HT700, but my HT820 Bluetooth headset works perfectly with my iPad....Well, almost!
I'm not too sure if the HT700 and HT820 share similar specs.

Apps that work on the HT820 are :

iPod music
Video clips
Games
Typing....yes, you can hear the clicks on the headset as you type.

The HT820 has a mic which I used to pair with my HP6818 and HP612 handphone for voice conversations.

But when I tried to use my HT820 on Skype, it doesn't work. The sound still comes from the built in speakers.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HT and H are different types of headphones. This has already been solved. The H700 is a phone BT set and the iPad won't work with that type of pairing protocol.

Rafaelque

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth headphones with mic on Ipad

Please understand that Bluetooth Headsets with a MIC, the kind that works on cell phones will not work on an IPAD the same way. That is to say that you can still hear music, etc. but you will not be able to use the MIC on APPS like Skype or Line2. That's because our friends at Apple never enabled that HFP (hands free profile) on the IPAD's Bluetooth stack. If you want to use a bluetooth headset with MIC on your iPad you must get a BLUETOOTH ADAPTER TRANSMITTER that plugs into the 3.5mm jack. JABRA FREESPEAK would be a good Google search.

This will enable your iPad to use Skype or Line2 App with your MIC enabled Bluetooth headset. The reason something like this exists was to allow older non-bluetoth cell phones to use blue tooth headsets.

There may be alternates on the web.

Hope this helps.

angel0811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rafaelque said:
Please understand that Bluetooth Headsets with a MIC, the kind that works on cell phones will not work on an IPAD the same way. That is to say that you can still hear music, etc. but you will not be able to use the MIC on APPS like Skype or Line2. That's because our friends at Apple never enabled that HFP (hands free profile) on the IPAD's Bluetooth stack. If you want to use a bluetooth headset with MIC on your iPad you must get a BLUETOOTH ADAPTER TRANSMITTER that plugs into the 3.5mm jack. JABRA FREESPEAK would be a good Google search.

This will enable your iPad to use Skype or Line2 App with your MIC enabled Bluetooth headset. The reason something like this exists was to allow older non-bluetoth cell phones to use blue tooth headsets.

There may be alternates on the web.

Hope this helps.

Does that mean that the bluetooth headset will not work with video as well??

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts