What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overnight shipping at Apple.com?

ThatIpadGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, was wondering if you ordered the Ipad 2 on Friday morning if it was possible to get overnight shipping? That way I can get it on Saturday without having to wait in line Friday afternoon. Also, can you order from Apple.com and then choose pick up in store? That way I can go to my Apple store around 5 and then just wait and pick it up then. I've called 3 Wal-marts, Target, and Best Buy and no one knows anything. Is anyone else having this problem?

Trav29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am hoping you can get overnight shipping at a good price. I know at Best Buy you cannot order it online and then pick it up in the store.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping 2 day shipping is free (the say FAST free shipping).

I doubt I'd splurge for 1 day as I'm sure that's probably going to run at least $15-20.

Not worth that for me to get it a couple days sooner. I've got a lot of work I need to catch up on this weekend rather than playing with a new toy anyway! :D

Last edited:

Trav29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping 2 day shipping is free (the say FAST free shipping).

I doubt I'd splurge for 1 day as I'm sure that's probably going to run $15-20.
If it runs that cheap then I will definitely get 1 day shipping. I am hoping they will deliver on Saturday but I doubt they will.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it runs that cheap then I will definitely get 1 day shipping. I am hoping they will deliver on Saturday but I doubt they will.

Definitely not as it's 1 business day shipping per apple.com.

• Next Business Day — Delivers within 1 business day after shipping.

So it would come Monday at the earliest (if they actually ship it out on Friday). The 2 day shipping should arrive on Tuesday. So if that is indeed free I can't see paying more to get it one day earlier.

I'd like it on Monday as I work until 10pm on Tuesdays (no worries on signing for package as I live in a high rise with a 24 hour concierge that signs for all packages and holds them for us), but not enough to pay more for it.

If the free shipping is the standard up to 6 business day shipping I may pay for 2 day though. But I doubt it is since they say specifically fast free shipping rather than just free shipping.

Trav29

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Definitely not as it's 1 business day shipping per apple.com.

• Next Business Day — Delivers within 1 business day after shipping.

So it would come Monday at the earliest (if they actually ship it out on Friday). The 2 day shipping should arrive on Tuesday. So if that is indeed free I can't see paying more to get it one day earlier.

I'd like it on Monday as I work until 10pm on Tuesdays (no worries on signing for package as I live in a high rise with a 24 hour concierge that signs for all packages and holds them for us), but not enough to pay more for it.

If the free shipping is the standard up to 6 business day shipping I may pay for 2 day though. But I doubt it is since they say specifically fast free shipping rather than just free shipping.
In that case it would probably need to cost $10-15 for me to get next day shipping.

SDM44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For just about any shipping company, Next Day Air shipping (or "overnight" shipping) is considered delivery for the next business day. Meaning, if you ship something out next day air on a Friday, you'll get it on the next business day, which is a Monday unless there's a national holiday that day - then you would get it on Tuesday.

To get it on Saturday, you need to pay a lot more for Next Day Air - Saturday Delivery. Sometimes, the cost is almost double what the regular next day air service may cost.

Most reactions

Latest posts