What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otterbox Case

Kcolonel1030

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to my Ipad and my AT&T rep gave me as a thank you an OtterBox case and let me tell you this thing is GREAT!!

I love the protection as I use the Ipad in the field alot and it was prtoective and provides an easy ability to hold on...

Can't wait to get to really put it to use...

lenny2205

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Otterbox is great

Agreed Kcolonel1030. I have an otterbox with a screen protector. Its great. Feels like my ipad is totally ruggedized now. Love the removeable cover with the built in stand.
After a month of daily use I am finding that the rubber around the plastic screen frame area is getting a little loose. Not a problem really, I just have to push the little tabs back in more often then I used to.
Removing the back cover and the bottom cover over the charging port gets a little annoying but its worth it for the protection you get. I love it.
Oh yea and it looks cool and MANLY now. lol

Spanky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yeah, unless you have no children and never take your iPad out, the Otterbox is the only way to go. My 5 year old uses my iPad regularly and I know it would be damaged by now if not for the Otterbox!

tahjxmassakr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the commuter series and was looking at the defender series last night. I am an extremely mobile person, but I don't think the upgrade is worth shelling out an additional $90. Any thoughts?

OP
K

Kcolonel1030

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the defender series is just great! I have it for my phone and my Ipad.. just great items!!

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the Otterbox and hated it.

I had to remove the bottom panel everytime I need to charge the ipad.

Then, when I went to remove it, I literally had to break it off.

I like the protection but it never worked for me.

I find that the Incase Convertible Book Jacket is the best so far. I bought one when I bought the Ipad and it wore out meaning, the colour got a little frayed around the edges. It make the ipad look so slick and it also protected the ipad that I went out and bought another one.

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the Otterbox and hated it.

I had to remove the bottom panel everytime I need to charge the ipad.

Then, when I went to remove it, I literally had to break it off.

I like the protection but it never worked for me.

I find that the Incase Convertible Book Jacket is the best so far. I bought one when I bought the Ipad and it wore out meaning, the colour got a little frayed around the edges. It make the ipad look so slick and it also protected the ipad that I went out and bought another one.

You were apparently doing it wrong, lol. It slides on and off effortlessly for me.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan to use my orig iPad heavy for work in the coming months. Otterbox probably in the works.

I'll be buying a second iPad for home use (wifi only) then iPad 2 with wireless for personal.

ParishM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my biggest concern is weight, i bought the Incipio 1337 case and while
it gives good protection and makes it easy to hold it also makes it heavy.

the silicone material is also a huge hair and lint magnet.

i'm still looking for the perfect case :confused:

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the OtterBox commuter series on my iPad and my Blackberry. Best protection for the money by far. I routinely drop either one of them just to watch people cringe. I would have an iPhone but I have been with T Mobile since they were Voicestream and my grandfathered rate plan can't be beat. Love unlimited/unlimited!!!

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the otterbox a few months now, and it is awesome. I modified it though, I used my dremel and cut a hole on the bottom cover so I dont have to take it off to charge or use the camera connection kit. Also, I got an extra cover/stand that I use for my car mount.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 335
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 331

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I used my dremel and cut a hole on the bottom cover so I dont have to take it off to charge or use the camera connection kit...

Smart! :)

I would add to those reading this thread that there is a marked distinction...in weight..overall protection...and price between the Commuter vs. the Defender model. A co-worker had pointed out to me that he purchased 'an Otterbox' for his iPad. So I took that [limited] information to eBay...and doing the price-conscious hunt...picked up 'an Otterbox' for ~ $30 less than he had paid. I was tickled...until my Otterbox arrived...without a protective plastic screen guard or built-in stand. :shrug: Yup, I got the Commuter. Not that I don't like it...I do. But I would have purchased the Defender...deliberately...had I a reason going into an auction that there was such a distinction to be had. Hopefully my post will benefit another owner ;)

- Dave

Last edited:

Rakuen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have the Apple case, and I have the ZAGG InvisiShield so both will need to be replaced (as I love the shield); the famous blue chemical reaction is going on so yes, time to stop that problem.

Defender is on my list, and this is a long shot but, anyone have one of the STM Scout SM bags? bags for iPad > scout extra small laptop shoulder bag > STM Bags

I see the Scout tech specs, but I am having a bit of a hard time finding the specs for the Defender when it's all put together so I can see if it will fit. Reviews on google and whatnot may show the size but no tech specs are included. I take my iPad to classes and the Scout is working out real well, but I'd love the extra protection of the Otterbox (combined with the stand).

Thanks for the assistance! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts