What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other side doesnt hear me on fring and skype

Mistabob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No sound for other end when i use skype or fring on my ipad. The other end tried iphone then computer so no fault on the other end. Seems my ipad i s flipping out. First problem with calender then this. I havent upgraded the software recently and i havent added any apps. Only thing thats new is that i just started using the calender which ive never used before. I have reseted the ipad about 5 times now.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try the vacuum cleaner.

Use the crevice tool on the hole in the top of the iPad above the front camera. Try to get a good seal and give it a couple of minutes.

This has worked for other people. You may need to reboot afterwards, though I have no idea why.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
M

Mistabob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipressed the crevice tool in that hole, it didnt restart the ipad. What is that hole?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That hole is the microphone and the suggestion to try vacuuming it, is to clear it. Doing that does not restart the iPad...it is just suggested that after clearing the microphone, you restart your iPad.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the microphone port. It's tiny, and can easily be completely clogged with dust and other debris.

I have to admit, I didn't believe this would work, but I've suggested it and it has worked for at least one person. I culled the info originally from another forum, where several people had successfully used it.

The reboot is the bit I don't understand. When all you have done is physically clean out the port, I don't know why a reboot should prove necessary, but apparently it helps.

The original solution also suggested blowing compressed air into the port. I do not recommend this at all, but it's your iPad. If you think it worthwhile in spite of the risks of damage...

OP
M

Mistabob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the microphone port. It's tiny, and can easily be completely clogged with dust and other debris.

I have to admit, I didn't believe this would work, but I've suggested it and it has worked for at least one person. I culled the info originally from another forum, where several people had successfully used it.

The reboot is the bit I don't understand. When all you have done is physically clean out the port, I don't know why a reboot should prove necessary, but apparently it helps.

The original solution also suggested blowing compressed air into the port. I do not recommend this at all, but it's your iPad. If you think it worthwhile in spite of the risks of damage...

Ok, that didnt work, so maybe its something else. Thanks anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts