What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OTA firmware updates?

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the mention at WWDC regarding iOS 5 and OTA updates, will there be an option to uncheck auto OTA updates? ..or are Apple forcing auto firmware updates on us to negate any JB's we may have?

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the mention at WWDC regarding iOS 5 and OTA updates, will there be an option to uncheck auto OTA updates? ..or are Apple forcing auto firmware updates on us to negate any JB's we may have?

Check out some of @Musclenerd tweets over the past day, I think he covers OTA updates.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ota, is not a forced update deal. You can check for updates, but you don't have to download them.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What excites me more is OTA jailbreaks... :D

"redsn0w OTA Edition" anyone?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. I was making reference to the fact that firmware updates will now be delivered as deltas over the air in IOS5. Imagine exactly the same, but Jailbreak updates delivered OTA. Once the device is pwned, I can envisage further OTA firmware updates ALREADY jailbroken, provided from alternative OTA servers than Apples. I"m sure the signature checks etc. put around OTA will be stringent, but here's hoping in time they will be exploited.
Use your imagination people... the future is coming!... :D

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
No. I was making reference to the fact that firmware updates will now be delivered as deltas over the air in IOS5. Imagine exactly the same, but Jailbreak updates delivered OTA. Once the device is pwned, I can envisage further OTA firmware updates ALREADY jailbroken, provided from alternative OTA servers than Apples. I"m sure the signature checks etc. put around OTA will be stringent, but here's hoping in time they will be exploited.
Use your imagination people... the future is coming!... :D

That would be AWESOME!!! That's a great idea!!

FREE MY iPAD2  @D_LA_ROC ;)

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
What excites me more is OTA jailbreaks... :D

"redsn0w OTA Edition" anyone?

Count me in for this one! Sort of like what jailbreakme.com was. Easiest jailbreak, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts