What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original IPAD Problems after downloading ios5 and i cloud.

Kate107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not being computer litterate I enjoyed the simplicity of using the ipad. If I wished to print an email or a web page, no problem. I simply hit the print icon and instantaneously my HP Office Jet Pro 8500A burst into life. Then a week ago I received an email recommending I download ios5 and icloud with all their advantageous. I did and now my simple pleasures of printing have been destroyed by either the "printers Offline" or it litterally takes minutes for the printer to get into gear and print, even a simple email a web page takes longer, thats if it doesn't clock up the Off Line excuse.

Apple Support brilliant friendly people at least the four I've spoken to. The first one said it definitely will not be our new downloads and suggested I made sure all my programs were closed, turn off and try again, the next one suggested I should try HP the last and most convincing one said, yes we know of the problem and HP have created patches for most printers, definitely mine and he gave a link to the HP site. It didn't work because as yet theres nothing there.

HP on the other hand replied and advised me that ios5 and i cloud are brand new and as yet they had not created the updates for the many drivers out there and to keep in touch with their web page.

Not good news I've only had my printer some 4 weeks but at least HP were straight to the point and admitted there was a problem and it would eventually be attended to.

Because of the obvious relationship with HP and Air Print Printers and Apple one would have thought they would have worked together in the interest of all there many customers out there. Sad really but I patiently wait for my patch.

I still think the IPADS brilliant its just I've now got to ask my husband to print for me, not good.
:(
Kate

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Rich's Troubleshooting iOS5 thread in the iOS section and my Tips and Tricks section there too, for lots of great advice.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
K

Kate107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone advise if the printing delay problem after downloading ios5 and icloud on a HP airprinter has yet been sorted.
Cheers

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried to print an e-mail (actually hadn't tried since I updated to ios5) it worked, but took about thirty seconds (used to be right away). Now I guess I'll have to check this out.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I just did some more tests (Hp D110a) , and all seems ok. Tested a bunch of different apps (just realized you can print Notes now) , anyway, some slight variation depending on the app and layout of the document, but it all seemed reasonable.

You can check for printer updates using the printer‘s touch panel display (mine indicated that it was up to date).

Last edited:
OP
K

Kate107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Jeeper, very helpful. If I say go through HP Home & Biz printing is reasonably quick. The delay only comes if I am logged into my email account or indeed through Safari when a web page can take 20 to 30 minutes to initiate the printer operation. emails at present I would say take around 5 minutes. Hewlett Packard have again confirmed that their technicians are working on the problem but have not yet solved it.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the iPads built-in "air print" capability, or Hp's "e-print" function? Air print (which I'm using) works on your LOCAL (home or business) network (your Hp needs to be "air print capable"). E-print uses an Hp e-mail function to print over wifi from anywhere. I've never had any real satisfaction from that. The sight seems "down" a lot, either slow or inop. frequently. Hope they sort it out for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts