What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original iPad Batteries x2--- 40 bucks!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thenfun part is installing them....:D. It won't be long andnwe will all be discussing this topic.... And all at once :p

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the more i watch this video
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjtvMCndcw]YouTube - Apple iPad Battery Replacement & Repair Directions by DirectFix.com[/ame]
the more confident i am!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I watched the video. I would guess there's an 80% chance I would be able to follow the steps and remove the battery assembly. There's a 20% chance I would get the damned thing back together and a ZERO percent chance I would get the screen back on.

Why the hell would someone want to do this? Aren't the batteries supposed to last about 3 years and still under warranty at the current time?

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, we still under warranty, but if you didnt buy the extended warranty and your ipad begins dying after the 1 year, then its an alternative...

if you dont feel confident you can do it, I have come across websites that will do it for you for 100 bucks... So, 140 dollars and your ipad is like new again..

but with India releasing a tablet for 35 bucks, in two years you proll be able to buy a tablet for the price of gum, lol.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Battery replacement is one of those things that I don't understand why people stress over. And why someone would want to go through the torture in the video is beyond me....

In your normal 1 year warranty, if the battery should fail, it is replaced by Apple for free. The battery will last at least 3 years of normal use. If it fails out of warranty, this is what Apple offers (copy and pasted from the Apple website...

"
iPad Owners

Your one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. You can extend your coverage to two years from the date of your iPad purchase with the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPad. During the plan’s coverage period, Apple will replace the battery if it drops below 50% of its original capacity. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers a battery replacement for $99, plus $6.95 shipping, subject to local tax. Apple disposes of your battery in an environmentally friendly manner"

Actually what Apple does is give you a refurb... which is even better....

The reality is few of the batteries need replacing. People replace the device with a newer/different model before there is concern about the battery. With the iPad out 4 months total, why would anyone need to replace their battery anyway? If the battery is defective, Apple will simply replace the unit as all iPads are on warranty..... And even out of warranty Apples replacement price is pretty much inline with a OEM laptop replacement battery for a laptop... and Apple does the labor!

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, I guess I stress becuz I have had some many electronics where the battery dies and then its just a paper weight..

but I didnt know apple will replace for free within the 1 year warranty..

and your right by the time the battery dies I would have bought something newer by then..

Why cant they make an ipad where the battery last 60 hours like my iaudio 7

Cowon iAUDIO 7 8 GB Digital player / radio - 8 GB flash - Red

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I didn't really read about the iAudio 7 but your iPad battery can probably last that long if necessary. If you turn your iPad on, put the music on, sleep it, and let it go, it will probably last a lot longer than the 10 hours. 60? Maybe not. But maybe it would with headphones instead of the speaker being used.

If the iAudio had a 9" screen to power, it wouldn't last 60 hours :)

Chris

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, I guess I stress becuz I have had some many electronics where the battery dies and then its just a paper weight..

and your right by the time the battery dies I would have bought something newer by then..

Don't you dare tell us that you're not happy with the battery life on the iPad. The job that Apple did designing this battery is phenomenal. The battery life, for a unit with this quality of a screen is also phenomenal when compared to anything that is out there of comparable functionality and size.

With the unit linking a wifi signal, checking for e-mail and text messages, playing games, surfing the web and watching video - we get 9 to 10 hours of battery life - that's quite good.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The battery will last at least 3 years of normal use.
Actually if you wear it out in 3 years, that would be extraordinarily heavy use. Apple says the battery can be charged about 1000 times before it will hold less than 80% of its original charge. There are 1095 days in 3 years. You would have to fully deplete and fully charge your iPad EVERY DAY in order to wear it out in that amount of time. I believe Apple estimates the "average" life to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 years.

My grandchildren can worry about replacing the battery in my iPad because I will almost certainly have moved on to the next 2 or 3 generations past the original.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score

haha, you ipad could probably go 60 hours if it had the same screen. Try that $35 slate from India and see what kind of battery life it has :D

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be an option for me if they price of getting the ipad serviced for battery replacement were high after my warranty expired.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not complaining about iPad battery, but you know and I know that we would be much happier if it lasted say 60 or even 100 hours..

And could go thru say 10,000 cycles..

I know dream on..

Most reactions

Latest posts