What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oprah’s O Magazine for iPad Released to App Store

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M6mMmAhbh8[/ame]​

The much-heralded launch of the special iPad edition of Oprah’s “O†magazine has arrived in the app store, and Mashable has taken a hands-on tour of the app that shows what you can expect to find inside. Even if you’re not interested in Oprah’s magazine, it’s a fascinating look at the potential of digital magazines when done right, and this really does look as though it has been done right by Scrollmotion, who adapted the magazine for iPad for Hearst Communications. As Mashable points out, as gorgeous as the app looks, it’s the commercial potential provided by the interactivity of the holiday gift guide section of the app that could prove to be most exciting for advertisers and customers alike. Many of the 70-plus items featured in the gift guide can be bought in-app, and so can many of the books featured in the magazine, and we all know how Oprah’s book club revolutionised the publishing industry.

Another interesting point is that if you want to buy O, The Oprah Magazine outside of the States, it can be quite expensive, so the fact that you can get it for just £2.39 in the UK, for example, much cheaper than the newsstand price, makes sound business sense. Expect this one to sell like crazy all over the world!

You can download O, The Oprah Magazine here for $3.99/£2.39.

Source: Mashable

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I think it's per issue of the mag.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh man, I know I'm a man because I'm only slightly less excited about Opra for iPad as I am about the Beatles on iTunes. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts