What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on LogMeIn Ignition?

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone using this?

Is it worth $30?

This is a one time fee, right?

While I'm in the market for a remote log on option but I'm not willing to use a subscription based option.
—————•
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
32GB iPhone 4 & 16GB WiFi iPad 2

StevenRiley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it is, but after you asking I went to make sure. I do not see where they say it is not.

For what it does, I love being able to access my files at home and work from my IPad no matter where I am. While on a business trip I was able to access my work computer and run programs that are not available on my IPad. It is well worth the money for my needs.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's definitely worth it, no setting up, works through proxies, over 3G etc..

And the best thing about it ls the file browser, you can browse files remotely and save them on the iPad!

It's also a one off fee and a universal app so you can use it on both the iPad and the iPhone.

OP
Jarhead

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome, I figured people would have been raising some sand in the reviews if it was prescription based. I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on this one.

OP
Jarhead

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got it installed on my IPad 2, iPhone 4 and PC. After playing with it a bit I've come to think this could be very useful. There seems to be two modes. One is used to remotely operate your computer. The other is for browsing files and saving them to your iOS devise.

32gig iPhone 4 Black/16gig iPad 2 Black

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is the only way to access LogMeIn from the iPad but I wish it was free. It is definitely with it for me since Splashtop doesn't survive remote reboots. LogMeIn let's me finish bringing up Windows so I can then use Splashtop, my preferred app.

OP
Jarhead

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beryl said:
It is the only way to access LogMeIn from the iPad but I wish it was free. It is definitely with it for me since Splashtop doesn't survive remote reboots. LogMeIn let's me finish bringing up Windows so I can then use Splashtop, my preferred app.

I tried but couldn't get Splashtop to work at all. I read some of the help topics but still no luck. I then read reviews that seem to indicate Splashtop doesn't like Windows 7 64bit. LogMeIn work beautifully with no hassles.

The next time I run into a site that requires flash I'm gonna try pulling up an explorer window and running it that way. The only trouble is I can't think of a flash based site...

I honestly don't really need remote desktop capabilities but I like to be prepared. The ability to download files of my home computer on the other hand may be quite handy.

32gig iPhone 4 Black/16gig iPad 2 Black

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jarhead said:
I tried but couldn't get Splashtop to work at all. I read some of the help topics but still no luck. I then read reviews that seem to indicate Splashtop doesn't like Windows 7 64bit. LogMeIn work beautifully with no hassles.
Hmmmm. I use Windows 64bit. Must be something else.

LogMeIn does work nicely (I've used it for many years) but you don't get audio on the iPad and you have to chase the mouse pointer quite a bit. I suspect they will fix these things eventually now that there is serious low-cost competition. GoToMyPC was all they had before.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jarhead said:
Anyone using this?

Is it worth $30?

While I'm in the market for a remote log on option but I'm not willing to use a subscription based option.
—————•
32GB iPhone 4 & 16GB WiFi iPad 2

It is NOT a one time fee. You have to pay after the app is installed, they five you your first month free as like a trial. Go with Splastop, literally seamless and no where near as expensive ( .$99 when I got mine ) no fees super easy setup you DL the app and a lightweight piece of software on the computer you want to remote control and book your done. When setting up control from off network then you need to open ports on your router which is not a hard task.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is NOT a one time fee. You have to pay after the app is installed, they five you your first month free as like a trial. Go with Splastop, literally seamless and no where near as expensive ( .$99 when I got mine ) no fees super easy setup you DL the app and a lightweight piece of software on the computer you want to remote control and book your done. When setting up control from off network then you need to open ports on your router which is not a hard task.

Sorry to disagree but I have had LogMeIn installed on my iPad for almost a year and have paid only once for it. And I use LogMeIn to access both my server and my desktop at work from both my iPad and my laptop. It was one of thefirst apps I purchased when I got my iPad.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iforsakenu said:

Not quite.

The app cost is a one time fee and you choose what kind of subscription you want on your workstation. I have a 'Pro' subscription on one and free subscriptions on others. I'll probably never renew my 'Pro' again because I don't need it now.

This is not to take away from Splashtop as I use it more. Splashtop doesn't survive reboots and when it is quirky, I use LogMeIn to remotely get it working again.

OP
Jarhead

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop "super easy to set up"? Hmm...I couldn't get it to do a thing.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jarhead said:
Splashtop "super easy to set up"? Hmm...I couldn't get it to do a thing.

You have to install the streamer on your computer for it to work....

EP2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use splashtop on the ipad and Logmein & Phonemy PC on my Android tablet - I paid for Logmein only because that's what our office uses, but when Phonemypc updated, I stuck with that - it offers great multitasking (ie. leave the app and it stays connected).

If I were to assume that logmein for the ipad is the same as the Android version, then I would recomment splashtop - the ONLY advantage I see about using logmein is that you can access other computers from a desktop browser. Of course, you can install both and only use logmein through a desktop browser... it will save you $25!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts