What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion on iOS 4.2 beta 3

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My opinion expressed here is not intended to encourage anyone to experiment with beta software. That being said. I absolutely love iOS 4.2 beta 3! Yea, some of my apps do not work but most do. Yea, AirPrint does not operate yet.

I have created folders, renamed them, multitasking works or app switching as I like to call it. I now have all (around 70) apps on one screen. That's cool.

I can hardly wait for the next email from Apple notifying me that iOS 4.2 beta 4 is available for download. I believe that when iOS 4.2 is finally available to the public you will love it too.

6d863dd0.png

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you the 4.2 (B2 or B3) it’s amazing i will not return in 3 dot something … i also can wait the final release … my self i don’t get any app’s crash , i think is many app’s are already update but i guess all will be update for the final release … the only one things i hope apple will give us is the storage possibility .. ( i know i know i dream :D )

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can wait only have Kobo on mine I do not need or want any other applications so I do not need folders. For me iPad = Good eBook reader and a fair movie player even though the device is not wide screen Other than that it is useless.

OP
earlyadopter

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to retire my Dell Precision T3400 with this thing. So far so good. Once I get a double sided traction ledger up and running I'll be there.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, PrehistoricMacMan? I love that black wallpaper! Can you send it to me or post a link? Screen looks great!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can wait only have Kobo on mine I do not need or want any other applications...
I have tried the Kobo app (well actually the Borders app which is exactly the same thing) and the Nook app from Barnes & Noble, but for content, you just can't beat Amazon. Another reader you might want to try is called GoodReader. It cost a whopping 99¢ and give you access to some other content sellers as well as several free content providers, including Project Gutenberg with over 33,000 titles.

And back on topic... I am on 4.2 beta3 and I am only looking forward, not backwards!

OP
earlyadopter

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ksane

Thanks, the wallpaper will be there next month. It is part of the 4.2 iOS update that's coming. Apple added a few more wallpapers.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The beta is....okay at best. Nothing worth getting excited about. Good thing I now have a second iPad to play around with it.

4.2b3 has its bugs as well....just nothing really major.

TutenStain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 Questions.

I guess 4.2 Betas are not jailbreakable right?
Can I upgrade to 4.2Beta 3 and then downgrade to 3.2.1 and re-jailbreak?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
T

TJK

Installed beta 3 last night. Only having issues with two apps: Bible HD still crashes and NYT won't pop up a keyboard when registering.

I have not tried AirPrint because it also requires a beta version of OSX and iTunes and my development machine is offsite....can't risk playing with beta OS on the main iMac we use for work.

Remote works flawlessly with Apple TV. MobileMe configuration was a little iffy....took some playing around to get it verify my account. Google calendar and contacts crashed...but I have MobileMe is much smoother anyway.

I'm happy with it.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. I think "Winnie-the-pooh" may have a problem with the latest beta. I cannot open the book any more. It's allways saying that resources were missing.
Didn't have that with beta2 or 3.2.

Most reactions