What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Open in new ta"b as default setting when tapping links in Safari?

dave_100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way so that this is the default, eg, instead of having to hold on a link and click "open in new tab" you can just click on a link, and instead of it taking you to the page in the same tab, it'll open a background tab.

This is an option in iCab but I can't handle the laggy scrolling so am trying to copy the behavior in Safari.

I'm using a jail broken ipad 2

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've done an extensive Google search on this and I can't find anything that makes pressing the link open the link in a backgrounder new tab. I agree, that would be cool - but I can't find anything, stock or jailbreak.

So, I'm adding my name to this list of people who'd be interested in this function, should it be found. :)

Marilyn

OP
D

dave_100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok can I just recommend "sleipnizer for safari", while it doesn't allow you to open as default it makes it alot quicker to do open a link in a new tab- you can just long press on a link and itll open in a background tab. This along with decent gestures makes this a brilliant app if you are jailbroken.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done an extensive Google search on this and I can't find anything that makes pressing the link open the link in a backgrounder new tab. I agree, that would be cool - but I can't find anything, stock or jailbreak.

So, I'm adding my name to this list of people who'd be interested in this function, should it be found. :)

Marilyn

I wonder if someone can write a bookmarklet.

Most reactions

Latest posts