What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open applications help

Munchkin52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have owned an iPad for over 6 months, and never ran into this until I got the ipad2...

The other night the iPad 2 told me to close programs since the memory was filling up. Double-clicked home button and horrified to see almost everything I own in the que. I remember reading that if you press on an app. It will wiggle...then all wiggle and show a minus sign in left corner. I hit the minus for every singer app. I also remember that the app closes, but is not removed.

I don't understand how to close apps. I have opened. Is there any other way to do this? And why does closing apps change the memory problem?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Munchie

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are correct. Double tap the home button to being up the App Switcher. Press and hold on any app until they all jiggle. The press - on Apps you wish to end. Which may be a number if them. When done press the home button once.

I am surprised that you are having a memory issue. iOS is supposed to dump inactive apps out of RAM when it needs space. Just out of curiosity are you running that would hog that much memory?

Most reactions