What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One iPad Sold for Every 9 People in the US

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad2-face-time-video.JPG

The ongoing Apple vs Samsung trial continues to throw up interesting nuggets of news, with Macworld reporting today that documents filed in conjunction with the court case give very specific sales figures which show just how much Apple’s iPad dominates the market. It would seem from the figures that Apple has sold 34 million iPads in the US, which equates to one iPad for every nine people in the US. Apple has earned $19 billion from iPad sales. In contrast, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab has sold 1.4 million units, earning $644 million. Macworld notes that the figures show that Apple sold more iPads in any three month period since launch than Samsung has sold Galaxy Tabs in total since it was launched in the fourth quarter of 2010. It also seems as if the iPad is still going from strength to strength, with Apple enjoying its strongest sales of the tablet to date in the past three months of this year, just after the launch of the newest iPad.

Source: In U.S., Apple sells an iPad for every 9 people | Macworld

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...and I think that I have bought at least 3 as gifts for my family already!! :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But yet apple appears to be threatened.......

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thewitt said:
If you don't aggressively protect your intellectual property, you lose the right to do so.

Isn't that exactly what Samsung is also trying to do?

jmbarker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Isn't that exactly what Samsung is also trying to do?

In the case of Samsung, it is not their intellectual property they are defending. It is Apple's intellectual property, the reason for the lawsuit.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jmbarker58 said:
In the case of Samsung, it is not their intellectual property they are defending. It is Apple's intellectual property, the reason for the lawsuit.

I see;Apple's on the gravy train and Samsung wanted some of the gravy by allegedly copying several Apple patented features.

HenryIgnite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.salesverge.com
Thanks for sharing - just another reason why businesses should look into developing a mobile strategy. Consumers are using iPads at an alarming rate. Businesses need to adapt their current strategies to favor the consumer market!

Henry Ignite

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
I notice the Samsung and iPad for a long time, I always think that iPad is the winner,but to the selling figures of both Samsung and iPad,it aso shows me that Samsung is also very good!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:
If you don't aggressively protect your intellectual property, you lose the right to do so.

True.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
There is one person in my family and we own 1 ipad. :)

Yup!!! I don't need two just for myself. I have an iPhone as well. That's like a mini iPad to me lol.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've bought a total of six iPads, though I've kept only two of those.

I've also got iPhone and touch. Will consider a mini iPad if it actually debuts and has at least 32GBs and 3G/4G.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note and a Kindle Fire. Even with all those devices, I think I could use at least one more, because I often use two iPads, or Kindle Fire and iPad, at the same time. And it seems like at least one needs charging, argh.

Most reactions

Latest posts