What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One account, two iPads?

GpadTeam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boss just bought himself two iPad 2's. We've already got them set up to sync under one iTunes Store account and two computers(to keep them exactly the same). However, if he sets up the AT&T data account, can he use it for both of them?

In other words, can you pay for one set of pre-paid data, but use it on both iPads? He wouldn't ever use them at the same time, so why pay for two plans?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried pulling my SIM out of my iPad 1 and dropping it into my iPad 2, and it works fine.

I have AT&T's unlimited data plan (I was grandfathered in). I know AT&T said it would allow unlimited data customers to switch their card and plan from iPad 1 to iPad 2, but I don't know where they stand on swapping back and forth between two iPads.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just called AT&T to check, because I didn't want to jeopardize my unlimited data plan, and the rep said it's OK to switch the SIM card back and forth between two iPads. She was helpful and looked through all the rules and didn't see any reason why I couldn't swap. I did ask her to note in my file that I'd called in to ask about this, so that if it turns out not to be kosher, my butt is covered. Of course, both iPads are mine. I don't think they'd be happy with customers swapping out cards with other people.

Most reactions

Latest posts