What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Lady---New iPad

PFields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...I am a 75 year old woman with ten years experience with Windows OS. Gifted with an iPad for Christmas plus an operating manual and several "How-To" books on iPad. Setting it up is daunting for me. My device will be used mainly for email, and I've managed to get my AOL mail.
Question is: how do I get my AOL address book ON the iPad?
And, can I get my Favorite list, too?
Any help for this old lady would be appreciated.

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...I am a 75 year old woman with ten years experience with Windows OS. Gifted with an iPad for Christmas plus an operating manual and several "How-To" books on iPad. Setting it up is daunting for me. My device will be used mainly for email, and I've managed to get my AOL mail.
Question is: how do I get my AOL address book ON the iPad?
And, can I get my Favorite list, too?
Any help for this old lady would be appreciated.

Congrat's! You go, girl!

Re: syncing your AOL contact list, I don' t know. I sync'd my outlook contact list without any problems using the iTunes sync program. The key was that my contact list was on my computer. I do not have AOL - isnt that contact list saved on the server/computer of AOL? Is there an option through the iTunes sync program?

There supposedly is a way to sync your favorite list. I didnt want to do that, so have not tried it. I'm sure someone with more experience than me will chime in here.

Most reactions

Latest posts