What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok now i have 7 decives that want to access itunes

JudeII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have 2 iPhone 3's, an iPad, iPad 2 and two non apple pc's as well as an ipod need to do the following and I'm not sure of the process:
- on the original pc I want to remove my iTunes account and set up a new/different account for the iPhone and the iPod
- on the new computer I have set up iTunes using my original iTunes account and I want to move the two iPads and one of the iPhones to it for syncing and backing and iCloud.
- I believe there is a 5 device limit for iTunes and I need to get all of the devises running on the home network.
All I can say is that i feel like the IT department for the house. Any recommendation that might help would be appreciated...
Thanks,
Jude

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any such limit. There is a limit of 5 PC/Mac's that can be authorised to one iTunes account but this doesn't apply to iDevices. I have way more than 5.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My understanding is the same as Gabriel's -- five computers authorized to one iTunes account, but you can synch an unknown number of iDevices to the same account.

I have eight iDevices synched to one iTunes account without problem. Each has its own name and profile, which iTunes automatically recognizes.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Are you creating this new account because you believe there is a 5 device limit? If so then don't bother as Gabriel1 has pointed out, its a 5 PC/Mac limit for itunes using the same account. Not a idevice limit. There is now (there wasn't previously) a 10 device limit for using icloud/itunes match (I'm not sure which the 10 limit applies to, I suspect its itunes match might be both).

OP
J

JudeII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent advice. Thanks for all your time and info. Part two is...how do I move my iPads and one iPhone to the new computer for syncing, backing up and iCloud? This may be an apple iTunes support question but they dance around it everywhere I've looked. No solid, simple guidance..

Most reactions