What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK - I ordered a ZAG full body

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always been a little skeptical of covers, etc. Did I make a mistake? Can someone provide some guidance tips / suggestions on how to install this the right way? Suggestions?

thanks

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have experience applying one myself, but watching the installers at the mall cover mine for me, I can tell you to be sure that the device is completely powered off before applying the spray solution, and don't turn it on for a couple hours after application is done, per their instructions.

Also, be very patient and understand that you'll have to squeegee the hell out of that thing for what seems like ages before it looks decent. Keep the squeegee moist so you don't scratch the film, and keep in mind that if it looks a little rough the day of application, it does take about 48 hours to fully bond to the surface of the iPad, so don't be too hasty in deciding that it looks like crap. A lot of minor imperfections/bubbles will correct themselves, but do be as thorough as possible.

Best of luck to you.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took me some time to pluck up the courage but watching the various vids on utube helped and it all went smoothly. Good luck

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've installed 6 of them myself (2 on iPads). The tips are
a) watch the installation video if you've never done it before
b) spray, spray, spray...on both sides of the screen protector and especially your fingers (I spray my fingers at least three times during the process so I don't get fingerprints on the sticky side)
c) be patient! Take your time.

Get it as prefect looking as you can at first by squeegee-ing out the air bubbles, but there will still be spots that need time to dry out.

KILLERkpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill be honest, it was a heck of alot easier putting it on a large screen like the iPad.

My tips. Use the solution and wash your hands very well. I spent alot more time cleaning the iPad getting it ready for the Zagg than actually putting it on. I wiped down the surface it was on, made sure no fans or air was circulating alot, washed my hands about 10 times, sprayed the solution on my fingers and BOTH sides of the shield. I also had a lintless rag to catch the extra solution when I used the squeegee, I feared the solution would get into the iPad itself.

I had a few very small air bubbles that went away within 12 hours. You really cannot tell it is on there unless you feel it when swiping across something.

I cannot say the same for Zagg shields on my cell phones

Most reactions