What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok I 2 have an Ipad2 now what?

flcracker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like watching movies, classic rock, taking pictures, doing yard work etc ..First off who reads these and how do I read other intro posts? I have been trying to design a way to hold the ipad hands free while sitting on the sofa or lying in bed but the google links I have seen dont help much so far... vacations burning and too much to do...
whats up with the below "tags" whats a Tracback? Any way this surely will help. I am going to my Apple store tomorrow to attend a Itunes
how to 1 hour presentation.
I'll let you know what I find worthwile
Thanks for having this.
flcracker

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

Welcome again and enjoy!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
flcracker said:
I like watching movies, classic rock, taking pictures, doing yard work etc ..First off who reads these and how do I read other intro posts? I have been trying to design a way to hold the ipad hands free while sitting on the sofa or lying in bed but the google links I have seen dont help much so far... vacations burning and too much to do...
whats up with the below "tags" whats a Tracback? Any way this surely will help. I am going to my Apple store tomorrow to attend a Itunes
how to 1 hour presentation.
I'll let you know what I find worthwile
Thanks for having this.
flcracker

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. There is an app you can get for this Forum 'Discussion Forum for IPad Users'
It is very simple to use and has the headers at the bottom of the screen. There are many threads for the different stands and cases available so do some searching on that. I use the iprop stand, totally hands free for sitting on the lounge and in bed, some members have been very creative with their stands and viewing platforms. There is a thread which I found helpful - Tips and Tricks - for those of us who don't know. Do a search for it, you won't be sorry you did. I look forward to reading what you learn at your Apple store presentation. Enjoy!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tags are keywords you can add to a thread to make it easier to search for. Few use them, so they aren't very useful. Trackback is a way of linking your own website or blog to a thread you start. It's not to go to your site from here, but the reverse (at least that's what I think it does, I've never used it). Again, rarely used. Or maybe used a lot, but I've never run across those blogs.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just ordered this for reading in bed and will submit a review of it on an ongoing thread here about stands when it arrives:

iProp for iPad 1 and 2

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
info said:
I've just ordered this for reading in bed and will submit a review of it on an ongoing thread here about stands when it arrives:

iProp for iPad 1 and 2

I have the Iprop also, it is very good. Good luck with screwing in the bottom screw, you'll need some muscles there.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
info said:

iProp for iPad 1 and 2

I have the Iprop also, it is very good. Good luck with screwing in the bottom screw, you'll need some muscles there.

I saw a review with pictures in The Gadgeteer about the bottom screw. I hope that they have fixed it by now although I'm not counting on that. Hopefully, it will work for reading in bed or maybe on a couch. That would be enough for me I think.

Glad to hear that you like it. :)

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
info said:
I saw a review with pictures in The Gadgeteer about the bottom screw. I hope that they have fixed it by now although I'm not counting on that. Hopefully, it will work for reading in bed or maybe on a couch. That would be enough for me I think.

It is great for the couch and bed. I have quite a high bed with one of those extra pieces for comfort, so could have used a bit more height, but it's fine. The only thing I worried about is the back plate that holds the iPad is plastic. But I haven't had a problem with it. It's best on carpeting, on a hard floor it jiggles a bit when tapping the screen, just put your leg against it and it stops. The bottom screw really isn't an issue, just a bit tough to screw so it's nice and flat. Just make sure you put the washer evenly over the hole and it bends in nicely. I love it though.

Most reactions

Latest posts