What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official: Post where to get the best deals on new iPad (third gen)!

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you find a deal online (legitimate deals, from legitimate well respected companies) post the links up here! Help everyone in the community find the best online retailers and places to buy it. Discounts, coupon codes, etc.

Notice!: External Links are usually frowned upon but in this case please feel free to post up links to benefit the community.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol... I used cash back on my PayPal business debit so it will partway pay for tax...

I don't forsee any legit companies offering deals on an iPad they know is going to be flying off their shelves for the next couple months. I would think after the hype dies down though people would start seeing something better like a gift card or case with order. I will keep an eye out though.

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yah, deals aren't going to be had anytime soon but sometimes you might find a bundle or a coupon good for 5% off or something like that and it would be beneficial to the community. Amazon, Best Buy, etc. sometimes run these specials.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Discover card members can get benefits when ordering through their associated stores. Apple is a member, and all you do is access your account, and then get redirected to Apple. It is usually just good for bonus points, but anything helps.

rootmanroot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For Uk buyers, you can actualy buy the ipad3 from the apple store in the US for the same price that we can get the ipad 2 over here, you do need to get it shipped to a US zip code though, useful if you know somebody in the states who is either visiting soon or will ship it over to you.Saving is between £70 to £80, around $118, they will probably have to label it as a gift for customs, that is just for the 16GB wifi only model, possibly bigger savings on the more expensive options, free engraving as well.

Cord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Target Stores, USA ... Use their Red Target Credit Card for 5% off which for me is a savings of $41.45 on the 64GB 4G... Tried to buy the AT&T today but they had only the Verizon in stock.. I am trying another location in Chicagoland.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anything I buy on a Discover card results in money coming back to me....and of course, I bought my iPad 3 on my Discover card...so I get cash back.

chumphries

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah...Discover is the way to go in combination with a interest bearing checking account. Use the discover card for cashback and pay it off each month with you checking account. The longer the money sits in the checking account, the more interest it'll accrue.

buggerme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah...Discover is the way to go in combination with a interest bearing checking account. Use the discover card for cashback and pay it off each month with you checking account. The longer the money sits in the checking account, the more interest it'll accrue.

Thanks for the tip :)

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to lessen the blow to your wallet especially if you are buying the top-of-the-line model, Best Buy has 18-month No Interest Financing. You can even add an Apple Gift Card and iTunes card on top of it then buy AppleCare+ through Apple :D Plus, you would also get your Reward Zone points. Sweet deal IMHO.

No Interest Storewide on all Purchases Totaling $429 & Up if Paid in Full within 18 Months

Now's the time to grab that TV, appliance, or other item you've been eyeing. You can get 18-month financing on any purchase totaling $429 or more. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full within 18 months or if you make a late payment.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if you download the bestbuy app it has a section to see what each store has for open box items.
most of the bestbuys in my area had new ipads marked down around a hundred bucks because the box has been open.

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I used my Discover card w/ the Apple store & will be getting 5% back on top of my usual 1%. If I ordered online using a Chase card I would get 5% until the end of March. If you have a chase amazon card you will get 3% all the time at Amazon. A different card had 3% at Radio Shack. Some of the same ones had 1% at Best Buy. I have learned it always pays to check your membership rewards 1st before you make a big purchase. Saving a little $$$ always makes purchase a little bit sweeter!

TheBigmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the community and this is my first post. I just wanted to share for those who want to get the ipad and don't have a discover card, I saved 5 percent buying from Best Buy using a best buy gift card I purchased at plasticjungle.com . I paid $475 for the $500 gift card and that helped somehow to offset the tax. Of course I purchased it on launch date. Right now the ipad3 is out of stock at Best Buy but if you already decided to buy it, you can start saving time by ordering the gift card which could take about a week in the mail. Check with your local best buy to see when they will have them back in stock. Last week when I purchased my gift card, they had plenty. Now with the ipad lauch, I guess it has spread by word of mouth that this is one of the few places where you can buy best buy gift cards under face value, and right now they're out of the 500 dollar ones, But you can still buy several of lower denominations in order to hit the 500+tax mark you will need to walk out of the store with a brand spanking new ipad 3. Good luck!

Last edited:

irishone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bill Me Later has a deal where there is no interest, no payments for 6 months. I bought my last IPad and a tv this way. I always make sure I get them paid off within the 6 months, so it's pretty good if you don't have the cash up front.

Most reactions

Latest posts