What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Ipad Case

claire9971

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got this case when I got my iPad, but my problem is every little smudge shows up, do you think I could wipe it with a wet cloth, or would this ruin it ?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no issues with the case at all and use it all the time.

And, nice qualification, waka... that is nothing but your own opinion.

Just keeping it real. Comparted to others, it doesn't stack up. But you can't force someone to not buy a product, agreed.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The apple case may look cheap but it's well designed. Several falls on a hardwood floor have had no effect on it's performance.
It will show marks , especially if you let a two year old play with it but I find a standard baby wipe works well.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reasons that I returned my Apple case:
It gets dirty fast.
It looks cheap.
I saw at least 15 people with them. I want something different
Did I say it gets dirty fast?

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the standard case as a short term measure until I found the perfect case. Over time the case has grown on me. I ended up buying the Bluetooth keyboard instead. Works great.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the standard apple case because it is very thin. This allows for easy travel storage and doesn't add much weight. The kick stand is at the perfect typing angle and flipping it 180 works great for watching movies on a tray table on a plane. It is very durable (I have had mine since June) and protected my iPad when it was knocked off an end table on a hard wood floor.

The only issue I have is it does get dirty easy, but using a baby wipe works very well.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apple case may look cheap but it's well designed. Several falls on a hardwood floor have had no effect on it's performance.
It will show marks , especially if you let a two year old play with it but I find a standard baby wipe works well.

Sounds like you need a desktop..:p

Apple case is what it is. Better than naked as it does provide grip and a little protection. However there are plenty out there that are better.

I too bought one for instant use as best buy didn't have one I liked. I returned a month later for full credit after I bought one I liked.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That case sucks. Return and buy a better one. Seriously.

Or on the flip side...the case is wonderful keep it. I have had mine since early summer...yes it does get smudges on it...a damp cloth cleans them off. Its sturdy, slim, AND! has protection for the corners of the iPad should you drop it. I've yet to see another case that protects the corners like the Apple case does.

Mine has been abused and used and is still looking like new...minus the smudges which I no longer care about.

hth
CM

Most reactions

Latest posts