What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The big decision is what members currently jailbroken on 5.1.1 do when 6.1 goes public. If 6.1 patches the jailbreak exploits planetbeing, or others, are going to use for a jailbreak release we won't have any way to get to 6.0.1 when Apple close the signing window, and so could potentially miss out on the first ios6 jailbreak.
There is no easy answer to this conundrum :(
We can only hope for clear and precise information as soon as it happens.

Will members on jb 5.1.1 not be able to upgrade just to 6.0.1 given that the blobs are saved on Cydia, or that is not confirmed either?

I personally don't loose sleep over it, I am happy on 5.1.1 and ios6 doesn't have anything I am looking forward to have.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will members on jb 5.1.1 not be able to upgrade just to 6.0.1 given that the blobs are saved on Cydia, or that is not confirmed either?

I personally don't loose sleep over it, I am happy on 5.1.1 and ios6 doesn't have anything I am looking forward to have.

If the Apple signing window is closed for iOS 6.0.1, the chances are very high that no, those on iOS 5.1.1 can't jump up, even with the SHSH blobs. The way the APticket is signed changed with the advent of iOS 5.x, so it's no longer a matter of simply downgrading to the iOS for which you have SHSH blobs.

iPad2 owners might get lucky again as they did with the jail break for iOS 5.1.1 as their iPads had the "public 4.x firmware." This might make it possible.

But, for now, because we don't know which way the jail break will release, we must assume that if the window is closed - we will not be able to go up to that iOS, SHSH blobs or not. And, I believe the only people who may have a shot are those iPad2 owners ... but there is guarantee there, either.

So, I'd operate on the assumption that we've been using: There is no upgrading once the window is closed by Apple. Which brings us all right back to the conundrum as outlined by f4780y. :)

Marilyn

Hinds90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't plan on upgrading from 5.1.1 till I have to. I'm sure the people wanting a jailbreak are those with 6.0.1 though. In that case I assume the devs will know in advance when the update is coming (if it's jailbreakable or not) and let the community know whether they need to upgrade or not to jailbreak.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
If the Apple signing window is closed for iOS 6.0.1, the chances are very high that no, those on iOS 5.1.1 can't jump up, even with the SHSH blobs. The way the APticket is signed changed with the advent of iOS 5.x, so it's no longer a matter of simply downgrading to the iOS for which you have SHSH blobs.

iPad2 owners might get lucky again as they did with the jail break for iOS 5.1.1 as their iPads had the "public 4.x firmware." This might make it possible.

But, for now, because we don't know which way the jail break will release, we must assume that if the window is closed - we will not be able to go up to that iOS, SHSH blobs or not. And, I believe the only people who may have a shot are those iPad2 owners ... but there is guarantee there, either.

So, I'd operate on the assumption that we've been using: There is no upgrading once the window is closed by Apple. Which brings us all right back to the conundrum as outlined by f4780y. :)

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn, this explains it.

Ghost2014

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I currently am on ios6.0.1. What does all this mean for me !is the jb out for ipad2 !

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there I currently am on ios6.0.1. What does all this mean for me !is the jb out for ipad2 !

Let me quote to you from the very first post of this thread:

§- This post is regularly kept up to date. Factual news on the status of the IOS6 jailbreak will always be reflected in the first post as soon as we are aware of it! =§

So, please watch this thread for news - we WILL update it as soon as word has been received that there is a jail break. If there is no jail break, there will be no news.

Please, please, please - do not post a request for update in a status thread that specifically tells you that we will update the post as news becomes available. In other words - no news means no updates!

Thank you.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at this thread that explains SHSH blobs and the "signing" of the iOS by Apple: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=59291

And now, I must ask you to please stop taking this thread off topic. If you have questions about jail breaking, to include understanding the terms, please create another thread to ask those questions (if a search of the forum's posts does not answer your questions).

This thread is solely to provide people with the status of the jail break for iOS 6. Any further off-topic questions and discussion will be deleted.

Thank you.

Marilyn

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I just wanted to subscribe to this thread in order to keep updated for JB iPad 3 with IOS 6.0.1
Many thanks
Leo

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leo Elfarra said:
Hi there I just wanted to subscribe to this thread in order to keep updated for JB iPad 3 with IOS 6.0.1
Many thanks
Leo

Remember, any announcement of an iOS 6 jailbreak will be in the first post in this thread.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
An ad served on this very page( only appears when not signed in) takes you to this
<MODERATOR EDIT; removed external link>
Everyone gets bent when people post links to this BS,so why is the admin serving them up?
This happened a few weeks back and my post about it was deleted.i saw another claiming to jailbreak any device on one of the main pages.what gives?

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dr.Gee said:
An ad served on this very page( only appears when not signed in) takes you to this
<MODERATOR EDIT; removed external link>
Everyone gets bent when people post links to this BS,so why is the admin serving them up?
This happened a few weeks back and my post about it was deleted.i saw another claiming to jailbreak any device on one of the main pages.what gives?

This post has been edited in accordance with the forum rules; no external links allowed.

Please read the forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

While we don't control the content of the paid advertising on these forums, we do enforce the forum rules in regards to posts made by our members.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Niiiiiiccee!real smooth.

We cannot control the actions or links of the ad provider here at this forum. They are decided upon by the vendor's algorithms, we have no way to decide what does or does not get shown by ads.

We can, however, control what member's posts, which is why the link was removed from your post.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we have forwarded your concerns to Admin. if there is anything that can be done about this particular ad, they will work with the ad vendor.

Thanks for your input.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts