What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office2 HD

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. Bought this for my iPad and love it. Did not transfer over to my iPhone. Before I plunk down $5.99 for the iPhone version is there any way to transfer this? Most of my iPad apps do transfer to my iPhone. Thanks.

FrancoDei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gores95 said:
Hey guys. Bought this for my iPad and love it. Did not transfer over to my iPhone. Before I plunk down $5.99 for the iPhone version is there any way to transfer this? Most of my iPad apps do transfer to my iPhone. Thanks.

I Think it's because you bought the HD version, that is not available for iPhone. So if you try to download it with the iPhone, you are linked to the one for iPhone, that is not the same you already bought.

OP
gores95

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thx guys. Good info regarding the + sign!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, among its many other annoyances, the App Store does not clearly distinguish between apps designed specifically for and only for the iPad, those designed for all iOS devices, and those designed only for the iPhone/iPod. Even apps supposedly designed for all iOS devices, for example, may not automatically reorient the UI for landscape display, for example. In light of the absence of clear guidelines, the convention (but only that) is that apps with the designation "HD" are designed specifically for the iPad and are not meant to be used on the iPhone or iPod. It's confusing and there are exceptions but the rule seems to be more or less useful in searching for apps.

Most reactions