What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office for iPad and Office for Mac 2014 Could Launch Together

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Microsoft_Office.JPG

It looks like the long wait for an iPad version of Microsoft Office could soon be over, and according to GottaBeMobile, the release of the much-delayed software could occur in tandem with the Office for Mac 2014.

Apparently MacWorld is reporting that a German publication, Computerwoche, talked to Thorsten Hübschen, the Office Product Manager in Germany, about the two products recently.

It seems that Hübschen confirmed that a new Office suite for Mac is on the way, and that we can expect to hear more about the release in the second quarter of this year. And although no release date is confirmed as yet, Hübschen confirmed that Microsoft is working with its big customers to get ready for the next Office for Mac release.

As far as the iPad version is concerned, GottaBeMobile refers to a February news story on ZDNet that said that the Office team is looking to release the Office suite for iPad as soon as Office for Mac 2014 is completed, which could even be before the Windows 8 version of Office is released.

GottaBeMobile also notes that access to Office for iPad will most likely involve a compulsory subscription to Office 365, which is something that Microsoft is big on pushing at the moment. This would mean, for example, that you could buy a $69 Office for Mac subscription, which would also let you use Office for iPad without having to pay another subscription.

Source: Office for Mac 2014 Release May Arrive Alongside Office for iPad

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once again, I feel that this is too little too late but we shall see. And, the idea of a subscription just doesn't interest me either. I'll pay a fair price for software upfront but I hate in app purchases and subscriptions. Bleh.

Most reactions