What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office app

David Hartman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wanting to add an office type app to my iPad 2. I am looking at The quick office app and the pages, numbers, keynote apps. Suggestions from those who have used both would be greatly appreciated.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any specifics you need from these apps? For instance cell merging? Which I require and the only one I found that currently supports this is office HD.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sure someone on here has done a study of all office apps on here somewhere? The search function should be able to get you there.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I'm still wondering.

I purchased and use office2HD. I've started to persevere with it, not in a bad way of course.
My large Exel files operate nicely with it and transfer back and forth beautifully. Typing in the cells isn't as intuitive as one might have liked, but all works all the same.
As for word docs, not impressed. It reformats the layout in a nasty way every time.

My search continues......

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
I'm still wondering.

I purchased and use office2HD. I've started to persevere with it, not in a bad way of course.
My large Exel files operate nicely with it and transfer back and forth beautifully. Typing in the cells isn't as intuitive as one might have liked, but all works all the same.
As for word docs, not impressed. It reformats the layout in a nasty way every time.

My search continues......

Do you know, from experience and watching how everyone describes their experiences, I think you would have to have all the office apps just to cover all bases. Pity there is no Microsoft office app but pigs can fly too!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I know Apple software, ie pages, numbers etc, do the trick, but I can't afford the luxury of switching and exclusively using Apple software. The majority of my private and professional work is and must be Windows compatible 100%

It's such a shame docs2go and so forth don't do a lite version to try. I really don't want to use separate softwares for all my various office duties.

My quest continues...

Most reactions

Latest posts