What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off or Standby

ayrton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, New iPad 2 owner here. (WIFI)

If you don't plan on using your iPad for a day, do you turn it "off" or put into "Standby"?

Yes, I tried Searching.

TIA, ayrton

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ayrton - welcome to the forum & hope that you enjoy! :)

First, I have an iPad 'Smart Cover', i.e. when shut puts the device to sleep but does not shut down - nice to just open up the cover and have the iPad come to action immediately, so much better than booting up a computer; now for me using this machine daily, I like this option.

Second, there are a number of threads/posts regarding whether to restart the iPad occasionally and whether to run down the battery (to renew the memory level) - you may want to search on these considerations.

So, please do some more searching on the latter comments but for me from a 'day to day' usage I usually leave the iPad in 'sleep mode' and have my Wi-Fi activated - will run down the battery maybe once a month & reboot (i.e. restart) more frequently - keep in mind that if your iPad 'freezes' up on an app you may need to 'restart' or 'reset' more often - just did it today to regain some sound on a game.

Hope these suggestions help, but please re-post if you have further questions - good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts