What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obama: Too Much Information Bad - Can't Work an iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HAMPTON, Virginia — US President Barack Obama lamented Sunday that in the iPad and Xbox era, information had become a diversion that was imposing new strains on democracy, in his latest critique of modern media.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

Read Further

Sure, information is bad for a democracy? Can't work an iPad or iPad? Um, yeah.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HAMPTON, Virginia — US President Barack Obama lamented Sunday that in the iPad and Xbox era, information had become a diversion that was imposing new strains on democracy, in his latest critique of modern media.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

Read Further

Sure, information is bad for a democracy? Can't work an iPad or iPad? Um, yeah.

Did he write that on his Blackberry?

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This only makes Obama look like a moron.
If he says he can not manage an iPad that a two year old or a hundred year old can take to in minutes, should he have been entrusted with the US Presidency?

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think that this might have something to do with the investigation / witch hunt against Apple? I cannot believe that Obama would would grab an iPad and not let go.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems I remember that during his campaign, he lamented he was going to have to give up his Blackberry in the White House for security reasons (and probably to keep him from texting something stupid that would be picked up by the news media). Me thinks anyone who can operate a Blackberry would be a natural on the iPad. It's so easy to use it practically works itself!

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it's taken out of context to. And I'm pretty sure the president of these here united states has much more important things to then then figure out new technologies.that said he obviously hasn't played with and iPad yet!

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He should take the time to figure it out. I bet there will be some wicked Golf GPS apps developed.

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems I remember that during his campaign, he lamented he was going to have to give up his Blackberry in the White House for security reasons ...

I recall that they found a solution with a specially secure executive WinMo device.

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im sure if he picked up one And played around with it he could prob use i mean for god sake the guy went to harvard

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you think that this might have something to do with the investigation / witch hunt against Apple? I cannot believe that Obama would would grab an iPad and not let go.

In fairness, I think that's below his pay grade.

We were chatting about fanboys in another thread, but I saw a poll that 52% of Huffington Post viewers agree with him on these topics. LOL They're Obama fanboys. Everyone can biff it - and this is one of those cases.

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would I ( we ) give a crap about his thoughts on the Ipad? I could gave a crap what he thinks. Personally.....I think he is trying to get way too deep into my personal life. Geeeeeez.

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This only makes Obama look like a moron.
If he says he can not manage an iPad that a two year old or a hundred year old can take to in minutes, should he have been entrusted with the US Presidency?

Not knowing how to work a device you have never used and being unable to learn how to use a device are two completely different things. His point was that in the information age of 24/7 news people often take a small snippet of information and construe random things from it. For instance someone claiming that he is unfit to be the POTUS because he simply hasn't used a certain device. So thanks for taking information out of context and proving his point.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This statement is no different than the liberals lamblasting how the TV was destroying the mental abilities of children, forty years ago. It just goes to show that politicians are educated idiots. Note how they never say that welfare or other government giveaways are harming the psyche of the American people. Or many of the other ways that government inserts itself into our lives. Unless it is something the opposing party did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts