What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers

Richard Webb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody know how to fill in sequential dates in columns using numbers program I can do this on excel but this does seem to be available in numbers. But I could also be wrong. The help is not brilliant on Numbers

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. It's not hard, once you know what you are doing. Like Excel, Numbers has a Fill feature.

Enter your first date in the beginning cell.
Exit the cell editor.
Tap the cell to select it and get the pop-up menu.
Choose Fill.

A yellow box with highlight the cell.

Drag the edge of the box either vertically or horizontally to start filling.

This defaults to single increment fills. If you want to fill, say by day of the weak, create the first two cells with the right increment. Select them both (by by dragging the dots when after selecting the first cell); Then select Fill from the pop-up menu and continue as before.

Fill also works with numbers and text (with some limitations).

Don't forget that you've got built in Help in Numbers. Tap the wrench icon and choose Help. The instructions for Fill (briefer but illustrated) are under the Enter data into a table cell chapter.

OP
Richard Webb

Richard Webb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Yep. It's not hard, once you know what you are doing. Like Excel, Numbers has a Fill feature.

Enter your first date in the beginning cell.
Exit the cell editor.
Tap the cell to select it and get the pop-up menu.
Choose Fill.

A yellow box with highlight the cell.

Drag the edge of the box either vertically or horizontally to start filling.

This defaults to single increment fills. If you want to fill, say by day of the weak, create the first two cells with the right increment. Select them both (by by dragging the dots when after selecting the first cell); Then select Fill from the pop-up menu and continue as before.

Fill also works with numbers and text (with some limitations).

Don't forget that you've got built in Help in Numbers. Tap the wrench icon and choose Help. The instructions for Fill (briefer but illustrated) are under the Enter data into a table cell chapter.

Thanks I will give that a try I have already got to the yellow box but could not go any further, but will try now let you know thanks for quick reply

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good luck. The hardest part is dragging exactly the right number of cells. But you can always tweak the last few if you need to.

OP
Richard Webb

Richard Webb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it works great. Thanks for the help

Most reactions

Latest posts