What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers spreadsheet app

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good spreadsheet app, and it looks like Apple's "Numbers" app is the way to go. Before I plunk down $10 for an app, though, I wanted to ask if anyone knew of any other spreadsheet apps that work wel, or had experience with Numbersl. I'm a little nervous about buying a $10 app that only has a 3.5 star rating. There are a number of complaints among the first few reviews; are any of them legit? Thanks in advance.

OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. You know, I don't even know if it's a spreadsheet I need. I don't need it to do calculations. I need to be able to keep track of store audits that I do. So I'm wanting to put the location and then have spaces where I fill in the managers name, etc.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A spreadsheet is a reasonable app choice for many things you would want to track in a table format. Especially if you need it to expand, rather than starting a new document every time you exceed so many entries.

Numbers is a good choice if you're going to do things mostly on the iPad, with only an occasional need to import or export the spreadsheet. It is one of the easiest to use for actual creation on the iPad, once you get used to how it works, which is enough different from Excel to throw some people. You can even create forms to enter your data.

If you are constantly importing/exporting your spreadsheets and need maximum compatibility with MS Office/Excel, then you should probably look at one of the other popular office suite apps. Everyone has their preferences, and I don't use any of them, so I'll just list the four most often recommended (besides the iWorks apps; Pages, Numbers, Keynote).

Documents to Go
QuickOffice Pro HD
Office HD
Polaris Office

There are a couple of other online options, but for what you are describing a local app would work best.

If you want to avoid the complexity of a spreadsheet, there are other options. Pages will allow you to create and use simple tables, adequate for entering things like location, dates, and names.

tritium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are rumors that M$ is coming out with office for the ipad in the Fall...

Most reactions